JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   Have you finished your Christmas shopping? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2698203-have-you-finished-your-christmas-shopping.html)

blaundee December 14th, 2013 03:39 PM

Have you finished your Christmas shopping?

I am not yet done with my shopping/projects, but I have got some of it done & I am so excited about it that I have to tell y'all what I got/made LOL For Daddy, we got some warm shirts for him to wear to work (he works outside, & it is snowy & bitterly cold here all winter) & a $50 gift card that he will love! Mother- a soft, snuggly, well-shaped snow leopard print jacket, & I crocheted a black/grey/turquoise striped tote (she likes totes, & will love those colors). My 2 sisters... one is getting a crocheted black cat pillow modeled after her beloved black cat, and the other is getting a crocheted earflap hat & super-soft cowl (also crocheted), and they are each getting a 4-pack of heavy duty wool socks (they work outdoors too). Brother already got his gift, a new pocketknife that he was very reluctant to pick out because he thought it was too expensive, but I wanted him to choose it because I didn't know exactly what he wants/needs in a knife... but it's the only present he's getting LOL His wife is getting a cook book for learning how to cook, she specifically told me that she wants to learn to cook well, so I don't think she will feel like I'm criticizing her cooking if I give her a cookbook lol (besides, she knows I love books & cooking, so a cookbook is not out of character for me hahaha)

blaundee December 14th, 2013 03:45 PM

Re: Have you finished your Christmas shopping?

For MIL, we went in with hubby's sisters to get her a spinning wheel (for making yarn), and hubby & I bought her a beautiful lamb figurine that she will love- she loves her sheep lol I'm also going to make an afghan for her, but it is taking a long time because it's so many tiny pieces... it might be a mothers day gift hahaha I don't know what hubby & sisters are getting for their dad. For my "new grandparents" I still have to go get presents, but I have in mind what I'll get for them, and I still have to get Hubby's present :) Hubby already got my presents, but I refused to wrap them & have already been using them HAHAHA (3 blankets for my horses, a beautiful pink camo purse, cowboy boots, etc) LOL

butterfly721 December 14th, 2013 04:12 PM

We usually just get gift cards for close family and friends.

MusicFanatic79 December 14th, 2013 06:00 PM

I'm 99% done. I basically finished today.
I just have to pick up two GC's to Dunkin' Donuts sometime this week. Everything else is done.

JackieV December 15th, 2013 11:56 AM

No :( still have about 4 or 5 people to buy for and NO ideas what to get...

momology December 16th, 2013 06:27 AM

I also still have 4 people left to buy for. . . everyone left on my list will have to get something from Amazon now because it is way too crowded out there!

plan4fate December 16th, 2013 09:45 AM

I only need 2 things and some stocking stuffers (and stockings for the cats). I'm having a heck of a time finding the scissors for my sewing kit at a decent price.. I'm not paying $30!