JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive Your First Child (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/)
-   -   I think I'm having an anovulatory cycle. What does this mean to me? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f131-trying-to-conceive-your-first-child/2699400-i-think-im-having-anovulatory-cycle-what-does-mean-to-me.html)

MandyAnn December 21st, 2013 05:19 PM

I think I'm having an anovulatory cycle. What does this mean to me?

I don't think I'm going to ovulate this cycle. I'm on CD20 and temp dropped this morning. I'm no where near a temp spike. I normally have a 29-30 day cycle and the longest one in the last 6 months was 33 days. My last 2 periods were also VERY light. If I am having an anovulatory cycle what does this really mean to me in terms of fertility? Does this mean the beginning of more complications down the road? My OPK's have been very light this whole time, but have been getting lighter. Today you could almost not even see the 2nd line.

Jen@FirsAve December 23rd, 2013 08:13 AM

Re: I think I'm having an anovulatory cycle. What does this mean to me?

Hi Jenny, hope you dont mind me lurking - I used to be a host here on the board so often check in. It can be pretty quiet here over the weekend and during the holidays so please dont be offended by the lack of reply!

In response to your question, it is quiet normal for most women to have the occasional annovulatory cycle and its nothing to worry about. If they're happening more frequently, it is something you should speak with an ob about as you may need some help to get your body to ovulate. However - I hope this isnt the case for you! gl!

momology December 23rd, 2013 10:44 AM

:ditto: Jen - if they are happening more than twice a year then you should consult your doctor but the occasional one is normal.

That being said however you could just be ovulating late this cycle. I cant recall but are you coming off of birth control? If so then it could be your body regulating from that. I ovulated as late as CD45 when my body was regulating. Stress can also cause delayed ovulation so that is another reason O could be late. Hang in there hun :hug:

plan4fate December 23rd, 2013 12:45 PM

For the first year you should expect to possibly have so longer cycles.

That said, any cycle that reaches 60 days warrants a visit to the doctor. You'd likely be given something to jump start your period.

MandyAnn December 23rd, 2013 06:54 PM

I've been off the pill for 3 years now. Never had a cycle more then 33 days that I can remember. CD22 and still not sign of ovulating. My boobs get sore right before, but nothing so far... :-/ I just wish AF should show up so I can get this cycle over and start fresh.

mzcora3 December 28th, 2013 08:03 PM

I had an anovulatory cycle my oct cycle (my 1st cycle temping causing major confusion). I ended up having AF for 24 days. I was freaking out and glad I was finally done. My doc says every woman will have an unusual cycle at least once in their lives and from research I found out woman can have one or two anovulatory cycles a year. I didn't temp for nov but glad to say I ovulated this month. Moral of this long story is that I think you will be fine :)

MandyAnn December 29th, 2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mzcora3 (Post 27877288)
I had an anovulatory cycle my oct cycle (my 1st cycle temping causing major confusion). I ended up having AF for 24 days. I was freaking out and glad I was finally done. My doc says every woman will have an unusual cycle at least once in their lives and from research I found out woman can have one or two anovulatory cycles a year. I didn't temp for nov but glad to say I ovulated this month. Moral of this long story is that I think you will be fine :)

Good thing is I just ended up ovulating late and not having an anovulatory cycle. :D