JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f452-trying-to-conceive-your-first-graduates/)
-   -   hope I didn't make a mistake! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f452-trying-to-conceive-your-first-graduates/1913443-hope-i-didnt-make-mistake.html)

Soape March 18th, 2010 12:53 PM

hope I didn't make a mistake!

I woke up this morning and got ready. DH's family was here and all of a sudden they all had goofy looks on their faces. I asked what was up and DH had decided to surprise me with a massage. The lady that usually does mine came over to the house and set up her table. It was sooooooo sweet and the thought of having a massage sounded wonderful. I went ahead and let her massage me, she's experienced in pregnancy massages. After wards I started wondering if I should have gotten one with the preterm labor and high risk pregnancy. I called the DR to see and now I'm waitng to hear back. I'm nervous!

CandaceDianne March 18th, 2010 01:17 PM

Re: hope I didn't make a mistake!

Im sure you will be fine, especially if the woman knows how to massage during pregnancy. Dont freak out, just wait and see what the doctor says.

Cheryl_W March 18th, 2010 01:47 PM

I agree with Candace, they're trained to avoid pressure points that can cause contrax and things, that is why they have to be experienced in prenatal massage to do it :) You'll be fine, but calling the doc over that just shows what an awesome, careful, and conscientious momma you'll be! :)

Oreobaby March 18th, 2010 01:57 PM

I'm with the other girls...I'm sure everything is fine...but good to check with the Dr. just in case, because it will give you peice of mind!! :)

MommaLee March 18th, 2010 02:18 PM

I'll think you'll be fine. I actually had a prenatal massage this afternoon :)

Soape March 18th, 2010 02:28 PM

Thank you all. I guess with everything that's been happening lately I'm a little on the scared side. I heard back from the Dr and he said that was perfectly fine!! Thank goodness because it was absolutely wonderful!!!

Christine-MA March 18th, 2010 04:09 PM

That was so awesome of your DH! Hang in there lady!

tiffanys March 18th, 2010 05:30 PM

That was such a sweet gift from DH! I'm glad your dr was completely fine with it and that you are feeling great afterwards!

Jodi0804 March 19th, 2010 05:18 AM

Glad you got some reassurance from the doctor. I was wondering how you were doing!

CandaceDianne March 19th, 2010 07:03 AM

Glad you got some reassurance. ;)

Micksbabe March 19th, 2010 08:50 AM

Don't you love your DH sometimes :D I agree prenatal massage totally keeped me from getting to sore when I was pregnant, it felt wonderful!! Getting rid of all the aches and pains is always great!!!

amazing_love March 19th, 2010 02:46 PM

A massage sounds amazing!! :)