JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f452-trying-to-conceive-your-first-graduates/)
-   -   Update on me :) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f452-trying-to-conceive-your-first-graduates/1928566-update-me.html)

amazing_love April 1st, 2010 09:38 AM

Update on me :)

Yesterday was my 36 week appointment. I had my Group B strep test and my doctor did a cervical check while she was down there. She said i was *barely* 1 cm dilated. It was more than what i was expecting but from what people have told me it doesn't really mean much.. She still told me she didn't feel like he would be coming too soon. Camden is doing good BTW.. his HR was in the 130's. He kicked her while she was using the doppler. It's so cute to me because he does it practically every time she uses that thing on him! :lol:

When i came home from my appt i was thinking how it seemed like it would be FOREVER until he decided to come and i hadn't had any BH all day either. Well, i went and made dinner and started getting BH every couple minutes. I got a total of about 25 throughout the evening. They were also a "little" bit painful. Not sure if it really means much but i'm excited it seems like my body is at least getting prepared :)

Question for the ladies who've had a baby: At what point in time were you 1 CM and how long did you stay there? From what i'm hearing a woman can be at that point for weeks. It's a little discouraging.

Oreobaby April 1st, 2010 09:50 AM

Re: Update on me :)

I can't help at all with the question, but just wanted to say that I'm glad things are going well. :) Rayanne kicks the doppler every time I check to hear her heartbeat at home!! :)

karenwalter April 1st, 2010 09:53 AM

Glad your appointment went well and Camden is doing good. I can't believe you will get to meet him in a few short weeks :bluecheer:

I was 1 cm from 36 weeks and was finally induced at 40+4. Sorry that isn't the news you wanted to hear. From what I read, most caucasian women with first babies don't deliver until after their EDD :( (I did alot of research because I was dying for Connor to come out LOL :lol: Now I look back and laugh at myself.)

tiffanys April 1st, 2010 10:00 AM

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question hun, but I'm so glad that your body is preparing for the arrival of little Camden and that he is doing so well! I can't believe you will be meeting your little boy so soon! I am so excited for you and Jimmy!

CandaceDianne April 1st, 2010 10:48 AM

YAH for being dialated, even if it is 1 cm...that just shows you there is an end in sight! :p
What the Strep B test uncomfortable? I am not dreading it, but definitly not my idea of a good time either. ;)
Glad to hear you and Camden are doing SO well!!

ca_dawson April 1st, 2010 11:05 AM

I've been waiting for an update from you! Yay for being dialated! From what I've read, with first time mommies usually effacement comes first, then dialation, so effacement is a better indicator (I think! Don't quote me!) Usually once you go into full blown labor you dialate 1 cm an hour, so that just means you have less of a way to go! Sounds like your body is doing everything it should to get prepared! I wouldn't worry too much. Everyone says dialation doesn't mean a thing, it could be weeks, it could be the next day! At least your body is doing something!

Celry April 1st, 2010 11:51 AM

I was 1 cm for almost a week before my water broke. I wasn't any more dilated when I went into the hospital after it broke.

MommaLee April 1st, 2010 12:02 PM

Glad you had a good appointment.

Jodi0804 April 1st, 2010 12:07 PM

I was 1/2cm at 36 and 37 weeks and I think from 38 weeks to 40+weeks I was 1cm. I also went past my due date and delivered at 40w4d.

Did they say how effaced you were? My doctor told me that was more important than dilating for 1st timers. He put it as its harder for your body to do that.

amazing_love April 1st, 2010 01:37 PM

No she didn't say how effaced i was. Now i wish i would've asked! Oh well, it's all a waiting game anyway.

I have a little bit of exciting news--- i'm pretty sure i just lost part of my mucous plug :D I know that also doesn't mean THAT much but it's still getting me super excited!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CandaceDianne (Post 19656028)
YAH for being dialated, even if it is 1 cm...that just shows you there is an end in sight! :p
What the Strep B test uncomfortable? I am not dreading it, but definitly not my idea of a good time either. ;)
Glad to hear you and Camden are doing SO well!!

Honestly, no. It wasn't bad at all. I never even felt anything go up "that hole" :lol: The cervical check was uncomfortable though.

Cheryl_W April 1st, 2010 01:53 PM

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I'm glad everything is going well!!!! Yay for Camden being here hopefully within a month! :D

CandaceDianne April 1st, 2010 02:09 PM

OHHH YAH!!!!!! Mucous plug loss is a good sign, at least your body is cooperating! :D

Good, glad the test wasn't bad! ;)

fromustobaby April 1st, 2010 03:37 PM

i was 3cm at 37weeks...but...
i lost all my mucous plug the day before he came:)

chloe12 April 1st, 2010 04:47 PM

Glad to hear things are going well. All women are different, but my experience was that I sat at 1.5 cm's until I was finally induced at 41w3d...I didn't lose my mucus plug though.

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to hear when your little one does make his appearance!

Gray_baby April 1st, 2010 06:39 PM

I was 1cm dilated for a couple of weeks before I went into labor (at 40 weeks 4 days). I lost a tiny bit of my mucous plug a week before I went into labor and then lost the rest after I was in labor (and there was A LOT, more than I expected). By the time I went to the hospital (40 weeks and 5 days) I was still only 2 cm dilated but my contractions were coming pretty close together and lasting almost a minute each and I dilated to 3cm then 4cm pretty quickly. It can definitely move fast once you go into labor.

Good luck!

Shaylyn April 1st, 2010 07:44 PM

My goodness Krista! You girls are already about to pop! I hope he doesn't make you go over the 40!

*Mommy2Camden* April 1st, 2010 09:00 PM

Yay for a good apt!!! You're SO close! I was stuck at 3 cm for like 3 weeks, and ended up having to be induced at 41 weeks. The truth is, that your little guy will come when he's ready. Every woman dialates differently, and it you could go into labor at ANY TIME!!!

Etph007 April 2nd, 2010 04:37 AM

I'm not really any help because I was 1cm at 35 weeks and 60% effaced and then had a c/s at 36 weeks. Buttttt when I was in the hospital, before the c/s I did start having regular contractions (dr. said I would have prob gone into labor on my own.)

It's so hard because it could be something or it could mean nothing. Every woman is different. I know the last few weeks are so hard; anticipation, uncomfortable, achey, can't sleep!! Just hang in there girly! The end is IN SIGHT!! Will you have any help after he is born?

denalibear April 2nd, 2010 06:56 AM

Yay for a great appoitment!!! Only a few more weeks :excited:

Lyz April 2nd, 2010 07:22 AM

I'm not help but you can go from 1cm one week to 3cm the next week! I know it's discouraging but you still have 4 more weeks to dilate :) Can't wait to meet Camden!