JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f452-trying-to-conceive-your-first-graduates/)
-   -   Dealing with loss during pregnancy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f452-trying-to-conceive-your-first-graduates/2347762-dealing-loss-during-pregnancy.html)

PiXiE*DuSt June 10th, 2011 06:45 PM

Dealing with loss during pregnancy

Dealing with the loss of my father today and being 9months pregnant can i just say SUCKS! I'm trying so hard to stay strong cuz i don't wanna hurt her but im so depressed and feel like i can't express it because of "her". Everyone keeps saying you need to eat, drink, think of baby but all i wanna do is sit and cry and cry more...just do nothing. I can tell i'm already feeling different now pregnancy wise towards her.. Any advice? Im 3 weeks away from due date. Thankfully her room is done so i don't have to stress about that.

jensma June 10th, 2011 09:34 PM

Re: Dealing with loss during pregnancy

I am so sorry Tashia...we lost 2 of my husbands grandmothers while i was pregnant and while it wasn't nearly what you're experiencing it was still a grieving process. It helps to think of them as angels watching over him for me. BUT you do need to continue to take care of yourself, even if its just going through the motions. Life is both happy and sad and you need to feel what you need to feel...i worry that if you do'nt you may have more problems with ppd.

Anyway, i am so so sorry for your loss. You will be in my Ts&ps

rmarie9509 June 11th, 2011 07:38 AM

I think that the stress of trying to keep it all in would be much worse for both your health than to just grieve. Yes you need to keep up your nutrition but you are allowed to cry. If you get worried call your doctor and let them know what happened im sure they will have tips for you.

daneeleigh June 11th, 2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rmarie9509 (Post 24115589)
I think that the stress of trying to keep it all in would be much worse for both your health than to just grieve. Yes you need to keep up your nutrition but you are allowed to cry. If you get worried call your doctor and let them know what happened im sure they will have tips for you.

This is what I would do. I'm sorry for your loss hun!:grouphug:

JustLiz June 11th, 2011 10:57 AM

I'm so sorry. I agree with the above. If you need to cry, then cry! It's part of life and your daughter will be just fine. I always feel guilty if Des sees me get mad or cry or whatever, but you just can't keep everything in all the time! :dothug: I can't imagine what you are going through. :(

hearts.0nfire June 11th, 2011 12:27 PM

:dothug: I completely understand. Even though I lost my dad almost 14 years ago there have been times in the last pregnancy and this one where it really hit me. If you need to cry then definitely cry. I completely agree with the others and it made me feel better to get it out. I mean yeah you do have to focus on the baby, but you need to focus on you too. You're the one caring for her while she's in there and it's not good to bottle it up like that. If you ever need somebody to talk to though feel free to pm me.

~Momma*2011~ June 12th, 2011 01:33 PM

So sorry for your loss I will be praying for you and your family!! No matter what take care of yourself and like the other ladies said if you have to cry then cry!! You take care of yourself and your baby will be just fine!! :hug:

PiXiE*DuSt June 12th, 2011 02:00 PM

Thanks everyone! I think i'm gonna call my doctor on Monday morning just to give them a heads up on everything that's happened since my appt isn't til Thursday.

PinkCloud June 12th, 2011 07:13 PM

Oh tashia, I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers. I think it's fine to express how you feel- crying and grieving is betterthan bottling it up. Def still eat and drink but your baby girl will be okay. I hope the dr can reassure you tomorrow.

mlyster June 12th, 2011 09:50 PM

I am so sorry for you loss. And I will reiterate what others have said. You need to feel what you are going to feel and let it out. I didn't deal with anything near what you are during my pregnancy but I did my share of crying, worrying, and generally being upset (4 miscarriages made me a bit of a mess for my pregnancy) and Connor faired just fine through it - your little girl will too. I am glad you are giving your doctor a heads up so they can give you both a little extra TLC at your next appt.