JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f452-trying-to-conceive-your-first-graduates/)
-   -   Cautiously Joining... **Updated** (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f452-trying-to-conceive-your-first-graduates/2563181-cautiously-joining-updated.html)

blueeyes25s August 19th, 2012 08:09 AM

Cautiously Joining... **Updated**

On Friday I got my BFP! I am so overwhelmed with emotion...I am beyond excited but scared! On Friday I went in for a b/w to check for hcg and progesterone. They were not able to get my results back by 5 so I will have them back on Monday. I didn't chart so I have no idea how many DPO I am but it was on CD27 so my guess it was 12dpo since 10/11 is my ave LP. What should I be hoping my progesterone be at?

blueeyes25s August 20th, 2012 10:23 AM

Re: Cautiously Joining...

My results are back:

Hcg 131
Progesterone is 19.94

Belita August 20th, 2012 10:48 AM

That's great, Dawn! My doctor wants anything above a 10 for the progesterone levels and I think my hCG was about the same for that many DPO. Are you having another draw?

I understand cautiously joining. I don't think I started my grads journal until I was 5 or 6 weeks along.

blueeyes25s August 20th, 2012 10:55 AM

Yes...after work I will be going for my second blood draw.

Belita August 20th, 2012 10:58 AM

I'd make sure they check your progestrone again just because mine started going down after an initial high of about 22. They weren't going to test it again, but I insisted. I'm sure it's just fine, but better to be on the safe side if you're getting pricked anyways. :)

Jules_loves_beaches August 20th, 2012 11:17 AM

:grats: on your BFP!!!! I am so happy to hear the great news for you!!!

I am guessing you won't get the results from today's blood draw until tomorrow, so I can't wait to see your numbers tomorrow! Good luck!!!

kbpeanut August 20th, 2012 11:29 AM

Congratulations again! Those numbers look great...and I can't wait to see your updated numbers. I guess there really IS something about hosting, eh?

I am so happy for you! And I totally get the "cautiously joining" part. I think you know how long it took for me to "really" move on...

xx

blueeyes25s August 20th, 2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belita (Post 26425013)
I'd make sure they check your progestrone again just because mine started going down after an initial high of about 22. They weren't going to test it again, but I insisted. I'm sure it's just fine, but better to be on the safe side if you're getting pricked anyways. :)

That's good to know. We will see what my numbers come back with tomorrow and go from there!

blueeyes25s August 20th, 2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbpeanut (Post 26425178)
Congratulations again! Those numbers look great...and I can't wait to see your updated numbers. I guess there really IS something about hosting, eh?

I am so happy for you! And I totally get the "cautiously joining" part. I think you know how long it took for me to "really" move on...

xx

Thanks! Yea there must be something to hosting and vacations :). It is hard to make that final move; I haven't decided when yet but I think soon.

I do have my u/s scheduled for Sept 6 @ 6 weeks. It's the same day DH was supposed to have his SA :giggle:

blueeyes25s August 20th, 2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules_loves_beaches (Post 26425113)
:grats: on your BFP!!!! I am so happy to hear the great news for you!!!

I am guessing you won't get the results from today's blood draw until tomorrow, so I can't wait to see your numbers tomorrow! Good luck!!!

Thanks!!!

Mom2JDub August 21st, 2012 03:18 AM

Congrats, Dawn. Can't wait to hear the good news that your second beta looks awesome. ;)

Crystallee August 21st, 2012 03:22 AM

Awesome numbers! Mine honestly sucked in my opinion at the beginning and yet here we are! Yours are waaaaaaaaaay better than mine were. 12dpo was 19.8 (HCG) and 12. 51(Progesterone). My repeat bw on 14 dpo was 33(hcg) and 17.25 (progesterone)

daneeleigh August 21st, 2012 12:01 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

blueeyes25s August 21st, 2012 02:46 PM

Thanks Danee!! You so is so cute! I love he picture!

Update...Ok...my b/w results are in...

Hcg 491
Progesterone 16.65

The doctor said I can go on progesterone if I want but doesn't think it's necessary since my hcg number is really good. I guess it is common to that the progesterone levels may drop a bit before rising.

Lyz August 21st, 2012 04:49 PM

Re: Cautiously Joining... **Updated**

congrats!! Numbers are looking great! Progesterone is messy and a pain so if you don't have to go on it, I wouldn't :)

blueeyes25s August 21st, 2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyz (Post 26431815)
congrats!! Numbers are looking great! Progesterone is messy and a pain so if you don't have to go on it, I wouldn't :)

Thanks! That's sort of what I was thinking...

Belita August 21st, 2012 07:54 PM

Yeah, my progesterone went down over the course of three blood draws, which is why I went on progesterone. Just based on two I'm not sure I would either if your OB doesn't think it's necessary.

blueeyes25s August 22nd, 2012 06:11 AM

Well...I told the nurse I will think about it but if the doctor doesn't think I need to I don't think I'm going to. I will call immediately if something doesn't seem right but as of right now my boobs are starting to increasingly hurt each day so that has to be a good sign. I also see he doctor in 2 weeks from tomorrow. :)

Jules_loves_beaches August 22nd, 2012 07:53 AM

Yay for the good numbers :) Hopefully the next two weeks will fly by for you.

Beth2008 August 22nd, 2012 08:15 AM

You have some great numbers!!!