JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying To Conceive Your First Graduates (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f452-trying-to-conceive-your-first-graduates/)
-   -   Diagnosed with PCOS - Need advices (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f452-trying-to-conceive-your-first-graduates/2707142-diagnosed-pcos-need-advices.html)

ZaydensMomma February 7th, 2014 11:48 AM

Diagnosed with PCOS - Need advices

I know there are few oldies in here.. that have PCOS.

I just got diagnosed with PCOS this past Tuesday at my OB gyn office. I had been complaining of pelvic pain for a while. They did a vaginal ultrasound and confirmed "pearly" look on my ovaries.
I was very devastated. I am TTC my #2 and to find out I have PCOS. It was a setback for me.
She did not explain any more info about PCOS but to tell me to BD every other day starting CD 10 through 18 and come back to her office for bloodwork on February 20 to check many things and beta test.
I get my period every month. I haven't tried OPK's to see if I O or not. I am doing the relaxed approach this cycle.

Any advice? Is there any of you that have PCOS and have period every month?

I'm currently taking Geritol since CD 2.

What kind of diet should I go on? I need to lose weight if I don't get pregnant this cycle.

Shaylyn February 20th, 2014 08:29 PM

Re: Diagnosed with PCOS - Need advices

Hi, I used to be around way back when. I have had pcos but 30-35 day cycles. We conceived my daughter using iui and clomid. Well we started kind of talking about another but hadn't been set on it. So I decided to get myself into Better working order, and started taking a new vitamin. Well found out Tuesday we are unexpectedly expecting another baby in October. Totally a shocker. I really think the vitamin did it.

ZaydensMomma March 5th, 2014 10:48 PM

Hey Shaylyn! I remember you! Congrats with a new bundle of joy on the way! :)

What vitamin helped you get better?

I just found out I have Vitamin D deficiency and high cholesterol and few other things that doctor will discuss next week when her office opens after Mardi Gras week! :)

Shaylyn March 8th, 2014 08:00 AM

OOoh Aaron Nicole! I was mobile when I posted my reply, so I didn't see your name under Zaydensmomma! The vitamin is called Pregnitude. That's not actually the vitamins name it's the blend made for better egg quality. The vitamin is myo-inositol. But "Pregnitude" is what I was taking for 3 weeks before my bfp.

plan4fate March 8th, 2014 02:54 PM

^ I've been taking Inositol for months, egg quality or not, it also helps with anxiety and sleep. LOL.

jenneychen May 6th, 2014 10:59 PM

:o

:smile: