JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Don't know where to go with this question x-posted ie. miscarriage (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2282150-dont-know-where-to-go-question-x-posted-ie-miscarriage.html)

Sweetpea79 March 21st, 2011 04:21 PM

Don't know where to go with this question x-posted ie. miscarriage

I posted in recurrent miscarriages as well but I don't know really where to go with the question.... I hate to ask but I had never had a miscarriage and just looking to see if anyone had any personal experiences

Thank you so much

"I am not sure if I am in the right place or not but I have a question about HCG and positive pregnancy test ...

I miscarried 30 days ago bleeding took 7 days so it ended approximately 21 days ago

My fertility doctor told me to start Provera if no cycle 30 days from start of miscarriage

I have always been told to test before starting the Provera and anticipating to start it tomorrow I just tested and it's positive, so my thought is surely I still have left over HCG right?

My baby stopped growing at 6 weeks, did 1 round of the "abortion" pill at 8 weeks did not work did a second round at about 10-11 weeks and it worked so baby died 6 wks but took much longer to pass do not know if that factors in to anything or not.

Thank you!"

SAHM_To_2 March 21st, 2011 04:52 PM

Re: Don't know where to go with this question x-posted ie. miscarriage

I recently (within the last year) had 3 m./c The longest was when baby was 9.5 weeks along. I got a + at 4 weeks, and blood tests showed my levels within normal but by 9.5 weeks my u/s showed baby was not forming anymore and had likely stopped growing weeks earlier. It took another 2 weeks and over 2 weeks of bleeding for everything to come out. It was absolutly unreal. I actually had to replace a VERY thick pillowtop thanks to it happening. I bassically spent 4 days on the toilet letting everything drain. It was like water.

I still got + tests for 3 weeks after..

Here (In Canada) they send you for bloodwork and tell you do not TTC for 3 months AFTER the levels go to 0 again.

I'd assume it's left over but I'd make a call to your doc just incase.
I didn't need a D&C but it was more painful then my no drug natural childbirth.
Best wishes and I hope you get your answers and a true :bfp: soon!

Sweetpea79 March 21st, 2011 05:30 PM

yes this was very painful and heavy bleeding.... i too believe it to be left over as I usually chart my temps and know where I usually hoover around in the 2ww I didn't start temping til about 6 days ago looking to see if it would indicate AF coming and they are not where they usually are after Oing.....

even though I have no hope really of it being a true BFP there is that little bit of craziness in all us TTCers that gets us asking questions lol

queenofthecastle March 21st, 2011 05:33 PM

I would call your dr and ask them. It's possible that you got pregnant right away if you weren't on any form of b/c.

I has a m/c when I was almost 7 weeks along. My body passed it naturally and a week later I was getting negative tests. I got pregnant with my 5 year old 2 weeks after my m/c.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that you get an answer soon!!!

SAHM_To_2 March 21st, 2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweetpea79 (Post 23414248)
even though I have no hope really of it being a true BFP there is that little bit of craziness in all us TTCers that gets us asking questions lol

Most definately.. I have been going crazy this past year.
:eek: dont mind me. I hope I didnt come off harsh. I'm a bit jaded over my whole experience and my sympathy isn't always present! I am sorry for your loss as well!

Sweetpea79 March 21st, 2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanAirForceSAHM (Post 23415079)
Most definately.. I have been going crazy this past year.
:eek: dont mind me. I hope I didnt come off harsh. I'm a bit jaded over my whole experience and my sympathy isn't always present! I am sorry for your loss as well!

Oh no not at all I apperciate your comment

lola12 March 22nd, 2011 07:58 PM

I am so sorry you had to go through all of that. I have heard that you can get a positive preg. test after a miscarrage but for me that wasn't the case. I miscaried after 6 weeks naturally and when they did blood work on me I tested negative like a week later. It just depends on the person or the case I guess. I would call your doc. and see what they say. Good LUCK get a BFP soon!

Darisey March 22nd, 2011 10:43 PM

I miscarried naturally at 8 weeks and conceived my daughter 2 weeks later but got negative HPTs until I was 3 months along so I didn't know it right away.