JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Questions about conception (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2375772-questions-about-conception.html)

Iwannabeamommysoon July 18th, 2011 09:59 PM

Questions about conception

Me and my fiance REALLY want to get pregnant. I'm ovulating this weekend, so we're gonna try soon :) but is there anything I could do to help my chances? I've already quit smoking and even quit drinking caffeine. I miss my dr pepper tho lol. I've used all my 11:11 wishes on this :) I was thinkin, after we try, would it help to lay down and sort of prop my pelvis up for a while? I've heard that it helps to do it for fifteen minutes or so after intercourse, but would it benefit me to keep elevated as much as I can for a couple days, while the sperm is swimming? Lol I know these are stupid questions. One of my friends suggested plugging it up for a few days afterward to keep the sperm in o.o help?

bryan and nina July 19th, 2011 03:46 AM

Re: Questions about conception

Do you have a walgreens where you live? They sell this lube called preseed and it is sperm friendly. Its supposed to be a perfect medium for them to survive the maximum amount of time, so you could give that a try. Its gotten crazy good reviews!! Good luck!

*Crystal* July 19th, 2011 06:18 AM

I don't know about "plugging it up" but all of the other things you said will help you conceive. If you are ovulating this weekend you should start Bding right now until after you ovulate.

morris126 July 19th, 2011 06:53 AM

I just wanted to say good luck!!

sandiegomom July 19th, 2011 09:32 AM

Ok, so you asked...but I have never tried them personally... but i have read on here that a lot of people use those Instead cups that you can buy that were designed to use instead of tampons. It is like a little cup that you insert in your vagina, and as it turns out, keeps the little guys near the cervix. I read it takes a few tries to get it right, but that it is mostly comfy. Like I said, I haven't used them yet, although I am considering it! Good luck to you!

Iwannabeamommysoon July 19th, 2011 10:57 AM

Thank you guys for your help :) I'll definitely try. I'll keep you guys posted on if it works or not:)

muffin July 19th, 2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegomom (Post 24412674)
Ok, so you asked...but I have never tried them personally... but i have read on here that a lot of people use those Instead cups that you can buy that were designed to use instead of tampons. It is like a little cup that you insert in your vagina, and as it turns out, keeps the little guys near the cervix. I read it takes a few tries to get it right, but that it is mostly comfy. Like I said, I haven't used them yet, although I am considering it! Good luck to you!

Ditto. I never used them either, but when we were TTC our first, it was the thing to do! (I think almost everyone on this forum was trying them ATT)