JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   I'm a little confused... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2567820-im-little-confused.html)

Shanski August 31st, 2012 02:14 AM

I'm a little confused...

Hi everyone!

My husband and I are trying for a baby, but so far, no success :(

But this month, my period was 5 days late, and very very light, almost non-existant, it's normally on time, and very heavy. My breasts are also tender, they only hurt when touched, by me, the hubby or just accidentally bumped.

I've taken a pregnancy test and it was negative, I'm so confused, I want so badly to become a mum!

Can anyone help? My internets search has not shown anything...

captivate August 31st, 2012 02:20 AM

Re: I'm a little confused...

Hello and welcome to the board. You have come to the right place for information and support.

How long have you been TTC and were on you on birth control before? If so what type?

Shanski August 31st, 2012 02:30 AM

Hey, I was on the pill for about 12 years, I've been off it for 1 yearish.

We have been trying for a year, everyone is telling us to be patient, but it's so frustrating!
My family has issues trying to get pregnant, my female cousins needed IVF, so im terrified I'll need that too.

Shanski August 31st, 2012 02:45 AM

I shou add, when period normally comes, I don't get any breast tenderness, just cramping.
Oh I'm also 28, if that helps any??

Shanski August 31st, 2012 02:45 AM

Oops

captivate August 31st, 2012 02:59 AM

Normally after a year you can go to your doctor to see whats going on. If your over 35 then after 6 months they start doing tests.

xxx

Lifestyle can affect when you ovulate so the stress of TTC can easily affect the time in your cycle. Which in its self gives a longer cycle. The longer cycle could give you a huger progesterone than normal which would give you stronger 2WW symptoms.

MrsLisaT August 31st, 2012 04:04 AM

The breast tenderness may not mean anything. I normally don't get it but every now and then around O or around AF they suddenly hurt. And by every now and then I mean once a year or two. Maybe your body is just as weird?

muffin August 31st, 2012 08:02 AM

Have you been charting your BBT? That might give you a clue into why your period was "late"? Since you've been trying for over a year, it's not unreasonable to see a doctor at this point and have them run some tests. (So starting to chart at this point may or may not be useful to you, depending on your diagnosis.)

Don't worry about your cousins. Not all fertility issues are hereditary, so don't count yourself out just yet :smile:

WorkerBeeMama August 31st, 2012 10:21 AM

:welcome:

I would suggest charting your basal body temperature each morning and using ovulation predictor strips (opks) so you can better determine if you are ovulating and if so when and what your luteal phase looks like and to better time doing the deed.

All the women here are a wealth of information and very helpful so feel free to ask any and all questions that you might have.

FX that you get a big fat positive (BFP) soon!