JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   1st Round Clomid, Late Ovulation, this 2ww is killing me!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2586109-1st-round-clomid-late-ovulation-2ww-killing-me.html)

cbuslady October 18th, 2012 12:29 PM

1st Round Clomid, Late Ovulation, this 2ww is killing me!!!

Ok so here it goes, TTC #1 since January of this year...

LMP-9-18-12
1st Round of Clomid (50mg) Taken CD 3-7
Positive DIGITAL OPK on CD 10
Progesterone drawn 7 days later- <0.5 (clearly a false +OPK d/t the Clomid)
CD 21 Progesterone just in case we missed something- 0.7
Kept using Digital OPK............
CD 23 & 24 big fat smiley face +OPK's

??????????????????????????????????????????????????

Seriously, this late on Clomid? I had lot's of CM and twingy cramping that whole week too. Now before the clomid my cycles were a little wack but averaged about 35 days. I'm going in today (CD31) for another Progesterone level. We BD'd both days I had the +OPK's.

What do you think??????????????????

Lucy S. October 18th, 2012 08:13 PM

Re: 1st Round Clomid, Late Ovulation, this 2ww is killing me!!!

I would ask this over at the TTC with medical assistance board.

So they are not doing any monitoring of you besides the draw? No ultrasound?
I think you need a higher dose next cycle of clomid.

ninja_mommy October 19th, 2012 06:50 AM

I agree the dose might not be high enough. I was told that if it "worked" that I would O 5-9 days later. Still waiting for that part as I just finished Clomid a few days ago.

cbuslady October 19th, 2012 01:31 PM

Results were 6.6 today and the doc is surprised! She says I did ovulate. I hope she's right!!!

Lucy S. October 21st, 2012 12:17 AM

If your draw was at 7dpo that's a pretty low number esp with medication. I hope they up it for you or you weren't 7dpo!

cbuslady October 23rd, 2012 08:13 AM

She said to stay at the 50mg, I hope this is enough to get it higher.

Would the low number have anything to do with ovulating later, on CD24? Would the clomid not be "in my system" as much and therefore make a lower progesterone number?

Lucy S. October 23rd, 2012 01:17 PM

Do you think the draw was at 7dpo? If it was you most likely couldn't sustain a pregnancy at that level.
I don't know why she is keeping you at the lowest dose when you still have such a delayed ovulation :confused: My Dr starts at 100mg.
It doesn't sound like a successful clomid cycle to me but maybe I am missing information.
Did AF come?
As far as the clomid, it doesn't really work that way. It doesn't stay in the system - It help build follicles in the first part of the cycle. The rest is up to your body if it responds.

cbuslady October 30th, 2012 07:36 AM

I know I'm a little late responding but it's been a CRAZY week! Got my BFP last Tuesday and have tested everyday since and still positive!!! This is just such a crazy feeling as I have never had a positive before. I have no idea if the Clomid actually worked or it was just finally the right time. The doc doesn't seem to be concerned about my Progesterone levels. She says relax as long as no severe cramping or bleeding. Appt on November 7th for bloodwork and such.

BabyX October 30th, 2012 08:56 AM

Wonderful news! Congratulations on your BFP. I'm so glad that the Clomid worked for you.:smile:

hopeful_girl55 October 30th, 2012 11:20 AM

Omg CONGRATS! :)