JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   This sucks! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2610716-sucks.html)

1fabulousfem January 2nd, 2013 01:24 PM

This sucks!

So here I am 5 months post partum ready to TTC baby #2 and I'm completely discouraged. First AF pp was Dec. 6 and I'm due to get AF tomorrow which doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight. I'm breast feeding so it's kind of tricky.
I took a HPT last week with 4 FRERS a got nothing but BFNs. I decided to buy a Clear Blue Digital OPK and started it today.I have a feeling this is going to be a long journey! :(

chachartier January 2nd, 2013 01:57 PM

Re: This sucks!

Hi! I'm in a similar boat except I had to wait 10 mos for AF to return for me. Just had it Christmas day, lasted 7 days! Hubby and I started BD on the last day and will be BD every day til I get a positive OPK and then we won't do it til after because we are hoping for a girl... fx! I have no idea what to expect from my cycle PP because I have heard it can be drastically different and I am also still nursing. I tried to chart before AF came back, about a month and a half ago because I started having lots of CM signs of ovulation but then no AF and lots of crazy temps because of getting up 1-3 times per night to nurse... now I'm trying again but he still gets up, and I am hoping OPKs will help out. Don't be discouraged!!! I was starting to freak out when it was taking so long for AF to return but it will happen when it is time, #2 included :) here to embark on this journey with you! Best of luck and here's to a short stay!

Lucy S. January 2nd, 2013 04:36 PM

TTC and BF is a mixed bag. Your prolactin levels are up and therefore Ovulation is harder for your body but not impossible. It's similar to dealing with a body after BCP. Your body is trying to figure out what it is doing.
Natural child spacing is 2.5 years... So it may take you a while.
I wouldn't be discouraged yet! Its still so soon!

1fabulousfem January 2nd, 2013 05:52 PM

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that I get my BFP. I wonder how many of us will be in the same DDC.
I'm hoping to be in December or January's. We will see!!! :)

Libby22 January 2nd, 2013 05:58 PM

I wasted $60 on pregnancy test this mths, My heart breaks for the onces that spend that every mths and still hav'nt got a baby,

Hope you get your 2nd, my two are close in age, I wanted one last try for a boy the witch 'eg AF' came :(

1fabulousfem January 2nd, 2013 07:23 PM

I'm addicted to POAS. I can't even lie. I want to have them close in age.
My son is just everything to me and want to give him a sibling. We are trying for a girl but would be happy with a healthy baby.
I'm heading out to pick up a few more FRERS before the end of the week. That darn witch really has bad timing. Crap! Hang in there. :)

Onelove121 January 2nd, 2013 07:56 PM

Fx'd!!! I EBF my son...ppaf come back Oct 2011 but I didn't resume ovulation until Jan 2012...so sometimes it takes awhile to get back on track. Praying you get a +++ VERY quickly!!!

Adventuremom January 2nd, 2013 08:11 PM

I was one of those women who had AF return immediately, even though I exclusively breast fed! So it is definitely possible to ovulate when you are EBF, though some women can't until they wean.

I buy the internet cheapies to save on money, though they aren't quite as sensitive as the FRER's. I think I got 25 of them for $7 or something like that....

aarafko January 2nd, 2013 08:30 PM

Good Luck! Here's to hoping we are in the same ddc again! :)

cutenurse24 January 2nd, 2013 09:12 PM

Good luck!!! I have my fingers crossed for you that you won't be here long and get your bfp soon!!!

1fabulousfem January 2nd, 2013 10:37 PM

Thank you! I'm ready to do just about anything. :)