JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Temping vaginally...do I just stick it in there? lol (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2641219-temping-vaginally-do-i-just-stick-there-lol.html)

jeweluv April 6th, 2013 05:55 PM

Temping vaginally...do I just stick it in there? lol

I have a bbt thermometer but I'm not sure if any bbt thermometer can be used vaginally. I don't feel taking my temp orally is good for me because I sleep with a night guard and currently am using invisalign. I've always gotten very erratic temps with it but I also know that I temp at different times.

I am still nursing at night and prob get up once to twice a night to either pee or bring my other dd back to her room.

Should I not even bother temping?

LOL...do I just stick it in there? haha

Gamer_Princess April 6th, 2013 05:58 PM

Re: Temping vaginally...do I just stick it in there? lol

Temping vaginally is the best way IMO. You just insert the BBT in and wait :D Best thing is you do not have to worry about if you slept with your mouth opened etc.

Just be careful because sometimes like when your cervix is a bit low and hard it can poke it a bit so find a position that is easiest for you and over time you get use to it :D

Charting is still nerve wrecking BUT it let's you know exactly when you O'd :D No second guessing.

Beth2008 April 6th, 2013 06:20 PM

I'm thinking I'm going to temp vaginally next cycle as well, I think my temps would be more accurate.

jeweluv April 6th, 2013 07:01 PM

Cool! Should I set an alarm? Does an hour or so make a difference?

jeragiz April 6th, 2013 07:33 PM

yes an hr or so can make a difference I set an alarm for every day about the time I would get up on the days I have classes(hella early lol) so I can take it at same time. the one time I did take it a cpl hrs latter it was a bit different. GL to you

Gamer_Princess April 6th, 2013 09:39 PM

There are BBT adjuster calculators on the web BUT I have found that when I adjust my temp for a certain time is it no where near the temp I get. For example: When I first started temping I did it at 5 am every morning. I would take it and then roll back over till like 8-9 am and then get up for the day. I would retemp upon waking up the second time and make note of it. Then I would input my 5 am temp and see what it says my "adjusted" temp would be for 8-9 am.... sometimes it was .3 degrees off :o

If you find that doing it at one time for the first couple of days of your cycle is not gonna work, you can still change the temp taking time before CD 5-6 ;) Some temp through the whole cycle and I have before but I have found taht starting at like CD5-6 gives just as good results. But to each their own ;) You will find a routine that is best for you and if you happen to chart an hour later, then just leave that temp dot open ;)

bella88 April 6th, 2013 11:01 PM

Stick it up in there, you'll be right :P