JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   trying to conceive after IUD (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2647741-trying-to-conceive-after-iud.html)

mom2ariana May 2nd, 2013 12:26 PM

trying to conceive after IUD

I had my mirena removed 2 1/2 weeks ago and me and hubby immediately started trying. my OB said i don't need to wait any time at all, which makes sense because your uterus thickens it's lining in preparation for implantation.

i never had periods on mirena, but i did ovulate. i know that for certain because one time i was seen in the office for cramps, and an u/s revealed that i had ovulated. :)

how many of you conceived quickly after mirena or IUD removal? my ob said i should expect a period within 3 - 4 weeks, which means I will ovulate around week 1 - 2 of removal. we have been dtd every other day and once twice in a row when i suspected ovulation. i took a pregnancy test last night for fun and got an evap line :(

MommaLove13 May 2nd, 2013 12:34 PM

Re: trying to conceive after IUD

I had iud removel in August 09 and was pregnant in Oct 09. Took 2 cycles and was preggo!! :)

Now I had IUD removed in Feb, and it's may now and not preggo yet. I also didnt have AF at all with iud so my cycles are a bit wacky right now.

Good luck!

hopeful_girl55 May 2nd, 2013 12:34 PM

Well, I can't help with advice about TTC after IUD because I've never had one. But I wanted to say welcome to the boards! I hope you get your BFP soon!

mom2ariana May 2nd, 2013 12:41 PM

thank you ladies!! i am very impatient and want that BFP now! :) But I know I should enjoy trying. :(

girlsofsummer May 2nd, 2013 12:44 PM

Hi! I had my IUD removed on 4/8. 3 days after removal, I had some spotting and one night of bleeding. I ovulated yesterday, 5/1.

My OB said the same thing -- we could start trying right away and that he personally has seen women back in a few weeks after removal because they were pregnant.

I'd be interested in following your journey! Feel free to private message me!

2014 Offshoremama78 May 2nd, 2013 12:47 PM

I had the mirena, and it took some for my cycles to regulate because of the
hormones in that iud.. I didn't get my first period after it came out for 4 months..
But every body is different.. I hope your :bfp: come swift and painlessly for
you.. and :welcome: to our lovely board! Any questions just ask away!!!

mom2ariana May 2nd, 2013 12:55 PM

Thanks!! I like this forum already - everyone is so nice and it seems to be really busy!! :)

girlsofsummer - i still haven't had a period since removal. all i had was very light discharge one time. i was thinking for sure that would be the start or i would bleed heavier from the removal, but it disappeared as quickly as it came! :(

girlsofsummer May 2nd, 2013 01:07 PM

How long after removal did you have that discharge? The same day, a few days later?

I ended up using OPKs almost immediately after removal to try and figure out what my body is doing. That way, if/when I had a positive, I at least had a benchmark (ovulating) to go off of. So now I'm 1 DPO and waiting to see!

For the record, I had barely-there "periods" during 2 years of Mirena. The first year I didn't have any semblance of a period, then had maybe 2 days of brown discharge every other month.

Renee360 May 2nd, 2013 01:10 PM

I got pregnant on the first cycle off my IUD back in 2007.

GL and hope your TTC journey is a short one.

mom2ariana May 2nd, 2013 02:54 PM

I meant to put that it was pink discharge - it was i think maybe day two or three after removal?

i had some random spotting here and there with mirena, but i dont know if it was a period. sometimes i used a tampon, but i never assumed it was a period because it didn't even fill up half the tampon in 24 hours and it was totally irregular.

mom2ariana May 2nd, 2013 02:55 PM

I meant to put that it was pink discharge - it was i think maybe day two or three after removal?

i had some random spotting here and there with mirena, but i dont know if it was a period. sometimes i used a tampon, but i never assumed it was a period because it didn't even fill up half the tampon in 24 hours and it was totally irregular.

inyourhonor May 2nd, 2013 05:54 PM

My first IUD removal, it took about 6 months afterwards, I just had my 2nd one removed in early march, and I'm not pregnant yet. I'm on my 2nd cycle, so we'll see!

WaitinginNJ May 2nd, 2013 08:27 PM

First, Welcome to JM! My IUD has been out since October. I spotted here and there while on the IUD and my cycles came back regularly right away. I am on my 7th cycle and hoping that this one is it. Everyone is different, I have read so much on it lol. Some people get pregnant right away, some get pregnant with twins because we are not supposed to ovulate on the IUD and your body goes into overdrive. However the percentage of pregnancy after IUD removal was it's highest at 8months after removal. Good Luck!

mom2ariana May 3rd, 2013 07:19 AM

Thanks ladies! I don't know if I could handle twins - that's a scary thought. :o

mom2pne May 3rd, 2013 08:09 AM

I had mine removed on 1/21/2008 and started having a period right away, 25 days later I started another and 24 days after that I started my 3rd and got pregnant that cycle. That was in March took a pregnancy test on April 3rd, 2008. Saw my OB on April 25th and sadly it was a blighted ovum. I m/c'd on April 30th, 2008. it took another 8 cycles to get pregnant again and my last son was due exactly 9 months after the baby I lost due date was. I was due 12/13/2008 and Lennox was due 9/13/2009. GL to you!

SweetiePeas May 3rd, 2013 10:29 AM

Hi, just wanted to share my experience after mirena with you. I had the mirena or about 3 yrs and had only 1-2 periods the whole time. I started regular cycles right away. I had it out last Sept and waited about 3 or so cycles before TTC. We got preggo on the 3rd cycle of trying. One of the months timing was way off though. So I think you shouldn't have any trouble, but all depends on how your body adjusts. GL! I hope it doesn't take long for you.

Leah W May 3rd, 2013 12:31 PM

I just got my BFP, about three months after the IUD came out. It was just a copper one, though, so I'm not sure how well that'll apply to your situation with the hormones from the Mirena. Good luck to you!

mom2ariana May 6th, 2013 06:56 AM

congratulations! That is so exciting :) i'm hoping the hormones don't play much of a role, because all that is in mirena is progesterone (same as a mini bc) ... GR still no period 3 weeks after removal and absolutely NO SIGN that it's coming

girlsofsummer May 6th, 2013 07:15 AM

You may have ovulated in that 3 week time? If you ovulated, say, 5 days ago, you still have at least 9 days until AF is expected. Just a thought!

Your periods on Mirena sound exactly like mine, and that was considered "normal" by my gyno.

I think my doc said to give it several weeks (I think he said 4-6, I wish I remembered) and if you still don't get it, go in for a visit so they can "jump start it."

It's so hard to be patient!

mom2ariana May 6th, 2013 07:53 AM

Ooh I wonder how they jump start it? That sounds like my cup of tea LOL. I'm hoping no period means I'm lucky enough to get pregnant on the first cycle :P

I'm never patient, about anything! :rolleyes:

:dust: !!!