JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Question on TTC and taking anxiety med? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2648604-question-ttc-and-taking-anxiety-med.html)

Sarah_K May 6th, 2013 02:14 PM

Question on TTC and taking anxiety med?

I was just taking 10 milligrams. Which is way low and good for a while. I recently started taking 20 again. Will this hurt my chances on conceiving?

I take the 20 to get through work. I am looking for something else.

Hope2Be13 May 6th, 2013 03:01 PM

Re: Question on TTC and taking anxiety med?

I take 10 mg as well. I had stopped it completely, but work got extremely overwhelming and I began having panic attacks again, so for now, I'm taking the medicine. I figure it is ok right now because I am not pregnant, but as soon as I get my BFP, I will stop and talk to my doctor about it. My cycles are so messed up right now, so it doesn't seem like I will have to worry about it any time soon :( As far as it messing up the TTC process, I don't think it does...It's just not a good idea to take medicines once you are pregnant.

Sarah_K May 6th, 2013 03:16 PM

Thanks.
Ill for sure talk to the doc after I get a BFP.

cutenurse24 May 6th, 2013 10:12 PM

I would probably call your doctor and see if you can switch to something now that is safe to take while TTC. That way you won't be trying to bridge over to something new while also dealing with being pregnant.

Sarah_K May 7th, 2013 06:22 AM

The doc knows I'm TTC and said what I take is fine. Expecially since I'm on a low dose.

mom2ariana May 7th, 2013 09:44 AM

What medicine is it? I took Wellbutrin 150 mg and Klonopin 0.5 mg before TTC. Both are very bad (class c and class d) ... I quit both three days before removing my IUD. My OB said it was a good idea to stop. If you can make do without them, I wouldn't take it. The only prescription medication I still take is Dexilant for GERD because it is a class b.

As far as it HURTING your chances, then no.

Sarah_K May 7th, 2013 09:58 AM

I take trazadone for insomnia and citalpram for anxiety.
10-20mg on anxiety med and 25 on insomnia med

I have tried going with out. It had not worked out so well.

mom2ariana May 7th, 2013 10:07 AM

Both are a pregnancy class c - meaning they should only be taken during pregnancy when the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the fetus.

because we don't know we are pregnant immediately, I chose to stop my medication rather than wait for a BFP - everyone is different. For ME, it was a matter of discomfort. It hindered my work some, but that to me is a risk I was willing to take. Have you tried slowly weaning yourself from them rather than cold turkey? For some that is successful. Feel free to private message me if you ever need to talk about it - I know how hard it is. GL and baby dust !! :)

Sarah_K May 7th, 2013 10:40 AM

I am weaning myself off slowly. Gonna take 20mg every other day. Other days take 15. That for a week. Next week 15mg and 10mg and so on.

mom2ariana May 7th, 2013 10:43 AM

I think that is smart. :) I'm just an impatient person all around, so that is why i went cold turkey lol.