JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Normal spotting..? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2653217-normal-spotting.html)

itsjessicarose May 24th, 2013 11:09 AM

Normal spotting..?

Hey girls, so Im on CD11 and according to my OPKs I have not O'd yet which is normal, but my question is..is it ok and normal to spot from AF up to CD10? I noticed some, not really brown till later, but a little spotting...is that normal?

bellepivoine May 24th, 2013 12:59 PM

Re: Normal spotting..?

From everything I hear, I believe anything is possible. Is it normal? I don't know. Have I spotted weirdly through my whole cycle? Yes. I would think as long as it's not a ton of blood or there is something abnormal about it (like super clotty or something else), it's probably fine?? It could just be a really long/slow period or maybe from sex. Who knows...

~ Nicole ~ May 24th, 2013 01:05 PM

Are you coming off birth control receintly? that can definitely cause weird spotting. Than I would blame it on that. If your not coming off birth control and this is out of the normal for you than I would just say it is an off cycle and no big deal. If this keeps occurring regularly than I guess I would be concerned if it were me. Spotting is better than full bleeding but having spotting during your cycle when you should not be could be signs of something wrong like low progesterone. But don't freak out, chances are it is nothing especially if it only happens occasionally and since it is also at the end of your period. I guess I would be more concerned if your period stopped than the spotting started up again.

itsjessicarose May 24th, 2013 09:01 PM

Thanks for the responses girls :) and to answer the BC question, no I am not coming off BC...and the spotting after AF has stopped isnt anything new and its never much at all, I just wanted to ask u girls what u thought about it :)
And all of my OPKs have been negative but today's was definitely darker so I guess thats good news right? :) that must mean O is right around the corner....which brings me to another question actually, can an OPK be wrong? I mean if it is positive that does mean I ovulate right??

bellepivoine May 24th, 2013 09:07 PM

If it's positive, that means your LH (luteinizing hormone) is surging. This hormone triggers ovulation and if all is well and good in your system that will happen 24-48 hours. OPK's only detect the LH and not actual ovulation (you can have an LH surge without ovulation).......I think temping shows whether or not you ovulate (not sure, I don't temp) but the only way to be positive that you ovulated is to get your progesterone levels tested via bloodwork.

itsjessicarose May 24th, 2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bellepivoine (Post 27393784)
If it's positive, that means your LH (luteinizing hormone) is surging. This hormone triggers ovulation and if all is well and good in your system that will happen 24-48 hours. OPK's only detect the LH and not actual ovulation (you can have an LH surge without ovulation).......I think temping shows whether or not you ovulate (not sure, I don't temp) but the only way to be positive that you ovulated is to get your progesterone levels tested via bloodwork.

Oh ok thanks for the response! :)