JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   It has been a little bit.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2653425-has-been-little-bit.html)

Jibby May 25th, 2013 10:10 AM

It has been a little bit....

Since Ive been here. Still not pregnant. But everyone else I know is it seems. In the past 2 weeks...3 friends, a cousin, wives of my husbands friends and SIX people I went to hs with are pregnant. I went through most of this week feeling like Id been punched in the gut.

I am trying to find ways to cope. I started looking at adoption options....told dh if we don't have a pregnancy by early next yearI want to do some serious traveling then start adoption proceedings. I don't think I could take dealing with fertility treatments

I don't know if this is drastic...its been 6 months though. I chart...I take my vitamins and eat well. I dunno ladies. I Ak done charting after this cycle.

I hope all of you have gotten pregnant and are doing well!!

cutenurse24 May 25th, 2013 10:21 AM

Re: It has been a little bit....

I am sorry that it seems like everyone you know has gotten pregnant and you are still waiting to get pregnant. It totally stinks and I understand. Remind me again how old are you?? Are you under 30 or over 30?? I am asking because I can't honestly remember. Even with charting, eating healthy, and taking your vitamins it can still take up to a year for young healthy couples to get pregnant. Have you thought about maybe foster care?? Like foster to adopt?? I know some couples in my Sunday School class that are doing that. I know that is something we want to look into after we go through medical assistance. DH isn't sold on that idea yet but I am hoping over time he will give it more serious thought. Because my arms and heart feel like they are breaking by not having a more kids to share me love with.

Jibby May 25th, 2013 10:30 AM

I'm 32. I workwith the foster system in Az...I wouldn't count it out but its not my first option for a lot of reasons but who knows what the future holds! We hoped to adopt one and have one but if its not gonna happen its ok.

goldengirlamy May 25th, 2013 04:23 PM

DH always said we would adopt and not do medical assistance. It's just not for us, and there are plenty of children out in the world waiting to be loved. We'd likely adopt from the USA though. Don't feel so bad, I'm almost 23 and we've been trying for close to a year. I've started not worrying about it, focusing on school and eating right, exercising more, and when it happens it will happen, but I do still come on here, because I like it here lol.

Lucy S. May 25th, 2013 05:30 PM

I agree with Sarah-Jane. It can take up to a year and stressing about it won't help with TTC! Easier said than done tho, I know! Just don't rule yourself out!
Does it seem like you are Oing each month? Does DH take care of himself and avoid heat from baths, saunas, laptops?

Hope2Be13 May 25th, 2013 09:10 PM

Good to hear from you! I'm sorry you are not having much luck... I'm not either! My body just refuses to adapt to being off BCP. I also know many people who have come up pregnant and I'm like seriously!? I'm just hoping the closer I get to a year I'll start straightening out. Keep in touch! We've missed you!

Jibby May 25th, 2013 09:30 PM

Yeah Im O'ing and Ichart and pee on strips. Im giving it up though and giving it to God!