JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   How many kids does everyone want? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2658357-how-many-kids-does-everyone-want.html)

mom2ariana June 13th, 2013 10:52 AM

How many kids does everyone want?

I used to say I never wanted kids when I was a teenager, and then I had my daughter. I swore I only wanted 1 and never would try for another. Now here I am trying to conceive #2. But I SWEAR we are done after this LOL. I really do not want three. I know that DH has wanted 2 all along and never 3, so if I get baby fever after baby #2, he will put a stop to it. :D

How many kids does everyone here want? Do you have any yet?

chrysalis1 June 13th, 2013 11:11 AM

Re: How many kids does everyone want?

I am just now trying to have my first, but I want 3! I want to have one NOW!!! As in I always wanted to have my first at 22 but I'm 22 now and if I get preggo this year I still won't have one until 23. Then a second around 28 and a third around 30 or 31. Knowing myself, though, I'll probably end up wanting more than three. Luckily DH loves kids so when I asked him how many he wants he said "at least 2" and a little voice in the back of my head was thinking "what about six!?" and I felt a little insane lol. In all reality I just want as big of a family as we can comfortably support, be it 2,3, or 6.

~ Nicole ~ June 13th, 2013 11:14 AM

I have changed my mind many times. Go back 6 years and I was happy with just two. Than I started getting baby fever about 4 years ago and thought I would want two more. Now I am ok with just one more. I guess I will have to be because it took long enough for me to convince DH to have a 3rd. Convincing him of a 4th is just not happening I know it.

Offshoremama78 June 13th, 2013 11:24 AM

I have always wanted 4-5 kids, I have 2 right now..
We want at least 1 more.. I am secretly hoping
For twins, as this is the last time... :shhh::sneak::rollseyes::jawdrop:
:impatient:
:inlove::hearts::hearts:

Seaweed June 13th, 2013 11:29 AM

I havent got any kids and I didnt want any until a few months ago....we thought i was perggo and all of a sudden i changed and got all excited...and then disappointed when i realised i wasnt so then we started TTC. We want 1.....2 absolute maximum! Preferably twins 1 boy and 1 girl lol

inyourhonor June 13th, 2013 11:29 AM

We've discussed 6. We're working on #4 now

hopeful_girl55 June 13th, 2013 11:34 AM

Well I know SO is comfortable with what ever I want. We both would love a big family. Our dream is to have a big piece of land and have lots of gardens and animals. So a big family fits right in with that dream. I think I want 4 but that could change, I could want 6 or 7. Who knows. Right now I am just thinking about #1. :)
We will let fate decide the rest.

Taniam June 13th, 2013 11:40 AM

Well I started wanting kids when I was around 23, like that's when baby fever really kicked in. Now that my DF and I are ready, I am now 26. I really wanted my kids in my twenties but it looks like its gonna spill over in my thirties because we want 3. My DF is one of 4 and I am one of 2, we feel like 3 is a good number but I am not against having 4. I want one now tho!!!! I want to be that cool young mom!

inyourhonor June 13th, 2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeful_girl55 (Post 27445516)
Well I know SO is comfortable with what ever I want. We both would love a big family. Our dream is to have a big piece of land and have lots of gardens and animals. So a big family fits right in with that dream. I think I want 4 but that could change, I could want 6 or 7. Who knows. Right now I am just thinking about #1. :)

That's what my husband wants, land! And I want a huge house in town haha, we're totally polar opposites on our housing choices. Where we live (oakland county) we have the opportunity to hopefully buy land. Because I know I'll lose my battle on where to live :p

MrsJones June 13th, 2013 11:54 AM

We will definitely have 2 for sure. If we wind up with two boys or two girls then we will have to discuss and see if we want to go for the 3rd or not.

babygirlbaby June 13th, 2013 11:55 AM

We want 1 or 2 more. We have 2 boys right now. We've always said that we wanted to be done having kids while we're in our 20's, but I'm 28 now and will be 29 before a baby comes along. I like the idea of an even number, so I think we'll end up with 4 :) Ideally, when #3 is 1, we'll start working on #4 so they're close together like my boys are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeful_girl55 (Post 27445516)

This is our dream too!! We'd like to be somewhat self-sufficient in food and possible energy too. It's really exciting! We only have chickens and a small garden right now. Our 5 year goal is to be moved into a place with land.

hopeful_girl55 June 13th, 2013 11:56 AM

Inyourhonor, I didn't know we lived so close to eachother!! That is so crazy. :P

Lol yeah we both are the out doorsie types. We both love hunting and all that. I would love a huge garden and grow all our own veggies fruits. Right now we have an apple and a pear tree, its amazing. But eventually we want to move have a nice house, not super huge or anything, just big enough to have a few kids and nice family room, things like that. With lots and lots and lots of land. To hunt and play and have a pool and everything. That's what we are shootin for. :P

And yeah that's exactly it. I want to be self sufficient. Besides all the food now is so processed, it can't be good for you. I try to stay all natural but you spend 3 times the amount for it. We want cows, chickens, pigs, horse, basically a whole farm. :)

MommaLove13 June 13th, 2013 12:02 PM

We have always wanted 3 so we're about 98% sure we will be done with 3. We won't do anything permanent for a few years though just in case.

inyourhonor June 13th, 2013 12:03 PM

Oh really?! I grew up in Livingston county haha.

I like being close to things, I went through this need to be near cities when we lived in Traverse City for 5 years. Because that is it. TC is all you have basically. I missed being able to go wherever I wanted.

I love the thought of land, chickens, cows, etc as long as I can still be close to civilization haha. I would love an old farm house!

hopeful_girl55 June 13th, 2013 12:30 PM

Ditto to the old farm house. :) That would be awesome. And yeah I would like to remain somewhat close to everything. Not like an hour to the nearest big town or anything but like 20 min would be okay.

JCT2005 June 13th, 2013 12:43 PM

Once upon a time, DH and I thought it would nice to have 4 kids. Now after having DS and the medical problems I've had, we decided we'd only like to have two kids. Perhaps we'll change our mind if we have another son. We'd both like to have a daughter but we'll see.

babygirlbaby June 13th, 2013 12:45 PM

We actually live in an old farm house! We only have 1.5 acres of land though. They sold their farm land a long time ago and it's more like a neighborhood now :( Our house is neat though, original trim inside. It wasn't really taken care of before we moved in, so it's been a lot of work and needs a lot done still.

hopeful_girl55 June 13th, 2013 12:49 PM

That's still awesome though, to live in an old farm house. I just love historical things and stuff like that.

PS. sorry for hijacking. Went off on a tangent about dreams! I guess that goes along with dreaming about how big you want your family to be. :D

Valley83 June 13th, 2013 12:51 PM

I always wanted three, my husband only wanted two. We have two daughters now and it took a little convincing but we are working on our third.

lovemylittlemiss June 13th, 2013 12:57 PM

We know for sure we want 2 but aren't sure about having more. I used to want 4 but since I have type I (juvenile) diabetes pregnancy is SO stressful (had my daughter naturally, she weighed 7lbs 13oz so the outcome was good but getting there was a daily battle).

Realistically I think we'll end up with 3 or 4 (assuming nothing goes awry with my health or the pregnancy with 2# is extremely difficult). I get really bad baby fever and most of the time I like the idea of having a large family. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeful_girl55 (Post 27445582)
Inyourhonor, I didn't know we lived so close to eachother!! That is so crazy. :P

Lol yeah we both are the out doorsie types. We both love hunting and all that. I would love a huge garden and grow all our own veggies fruits. Right now we have an apple and a pear tree, its amazing. But eventually we want to move have a nice house, not super huge or anything, just big enough to have a few kids and nice family room, things like that. With lots and lots and lots of land. To hunt and play and have a pool and everything. That's what we are shootin for. :P

And yeah that's exactly it. I want to be self sufficient. Besides all the food now is so processed, it can't be good for you. I try to stay all natural but you spend 3 times the amount for it. We want cows, chickens, pigs, horse, basically a whole farm. :)

I would LOVE to have a hobby farm but DH isn't up for it...he says we could be he doesn't want to be cleaning up all the chicken ****! lol He is however, way against processed foods so maybe I can convince him! We only eat organic meat and dairy so it would make sense to just cut out the middle man and do some of it ourselves!