JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Negative OPK's - CD13 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2659207-negative-opks-cd13.html)

mom2ariana June 17th, 2013 07:19 AM

Negative OPK's - CD13

I'm getting concerned and stressed out. All of my OPK's have been negative so far. I started testing on CD10. I am using Walgreen's off brand, and the directions say to test with FMU. Because I've always heard not to use FMU, I've been testing once with FMU and once at night. My darkest OPK was the FMU on CD10. It wasn't positive though. Since then, they have all been negative. My OPK's at night are usually very light, and the OPK's int he morning are usually about the same darkness as the morning before.

I had EWCM (very clear & stretchy, 3-4 inches) yesterday on CD12. This morning I've had some little pinches and twinges on my right side, which is the side I should ovulate on this cycle. I'm just getting stressed out by this. I know I'm fertile, as I have a daughter. I'm wondering if OPK's are for me. They just seem to be adding stress right now. Could I have missed my LH surge? I did my first SMU OPK this morning and it was also negative. UUGGHHHHH. Please help :(

MommaLove13 June 17th, 2013 07:37 AM

Re: Negative OPK's - CD13

You could have missed your surge. Taking your temp would eliminate the stress of knowing if you have or have not ovulated yet. Opk's are very stressful and I wouldn't be able to use them if I wasn't temping since I get so many + or almost + one's before I actually do O.

mom2ariana June 17th, 2013 08:13 AM

Could I have missed it over the weekend? I sleep in very late. I woke up this weekend around 11:50 every morning, and that's when I tested. I wonder if perhaps I could have missed the surge overnight? But my thinking was if I had a LH surge while sleeping, it would show in my FMU. Right?

MommaLove13 June 17th, 2013 08:17 AM

Yes you could have missed it. Some surges are very very quick. I had a few cycles where I only had a positive last for about 3-5 hours and then turn negative almost immediately. You could have had a surge start around 11pm, and by 8 am be completely gone.

WaitinginNJ June 17th, 2013 08:51 AM

Did you till dtd? Just incase :)

mom2ariana June 17th, 2013 09:05 AM

We did. On CD 10, twice on CD11, and yesterday on CD12. Planning on BD at least once a day through the rest of this week, since I am technically in my fertile window. I guess the EWCM is a good sign. Considering that my sleep patterns are so irregular, maybe OPK's are not for me? I could have missed my surge I guess.

Of course we BD other CDs too. Those are just the ones during my fertile window.

*Leslie* June 17th, 2013 09:21 AM

Do you know when you usually O (just by pain and CM in previous months)? Last months was my first time using OPK's and I didn't O until CD17, so you could have missed it, but maybe not. I have EWCM for several days as well, so that's not indicative either. I would suggest starting to chart your BBT to confirm.

mom2ariana June 17th, 2013 10:04 AM

I'm fairly certain the I o'd on CD13 last cycle, as that's when I had very distinctive pain on my left ovary that lasted several hours. EWCM didn't occur around the time of O that cycle, only over a week before.

The only reason I haven't done BBT is because of my irregular sleep patterns. I wake at 7:00 am Monday - Friday, and sleep till about 12:30 pm on Saturday and Sunday.

I think I'm going to just finish up these OPK's. No point in wasting them. But if I don't get my + this cycle, I'm going to try not to worry. The fact that I slept 12 hours on CD 11 and CD12 could very well have caused me to miss my surge.

MommaLove13 June 17th, 2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2ariana (Post 27454084)
I'm fairly certain the I o'd on CD13 last cycle, as that's when I had very distinctive pain on my left ovary that lasted several hours. EWCM didn't occur around the time of O that cycle, only over a week before.

The only reason I haven't done BBT is because of my irregular sleep patterns. I wake at 7:00 am Monday - Friday, and sleep till about 12:30 pm on Saturday and Sunday.

I think I'm going to just finish up these OPK's. No point in wasting them. But if I don't get my + this cycle, I'm going to try not to worry. The fact that I slept 12 hours on CD 11 and CD12 could very well have caused me to miss my surge.

Those times would be a perfect timing for temping. Temp at 7am Mon-Friday and set an alarm for sat/sun. My alarm goes off at 5am every day to temp. It literally takes 10 seconds and I go back to sleep.

lovemylittlemiss June 17th, 2013 11:07 AM

I haven't tried OPKs yet so I don't have any advice with that...I'll start temping next cycle and I plan to set an alarm for 7:00am every day, test and go back to sleep on the days that I don't have to get up that early.

*Leslie* June 17th, 2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaLove13 (Post 27454102)
Those times would be a perfect timing for temping. Temp at 7am Mon-Friday and set an alarm for sat/sun. My alarm goes off at 5am every day to temp. It literally takes 10 seconds and I go back to sleep.

That's exactly what I do. I get up at 6am normally, so now I just set my alarm for 6am everyday. I barely wake-up doing my temp, just use my phone light to see the temperature, open up the FF app, input temp and save. It takes about 3 minutes and I barely even open my eyes.

mom2ariana June 17th, 2013 12:52 PM

Maybe I should temp next cycle if I have one. I really feel like I may be ovulating today or im about to, and just missed my surge. I've had some cramps on my right ovary just like last cycle at cd13, and I also have the strangest "twitch" that will not go away. It seems to be directly on my right ovary. Very odd and maybe not related, but who knows. I took another OPK just now and it was lighter.

Hope2Be13 June 17th, 2013 07:35 PM

Mine are still negative too at CD12. I started getting a little EWCM mixed in to creamy CM today. But besides that, no other signs of O. Update tomorrow and let us know about your OPK!

Gamer_Princess June 17th, 2013 08:21 PM

I think the pp who said that you may have missed your surge is spot on :) With your EWCM I def go based on that!!! So today makes you 1DPO?! :)

mom2ariana June 18th, 2013 06:28 AM

I hope so. Now lets see if I can avoid stress in the tww. I can't disown hpts lol.