JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Side effects of soy? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2659483-side-effects-soy.html)

Taniam June 18th, 2013 05:59 AM

Side effects of soy?

Has anyone experienced side effects on soy?

This is my second soy cycle and i am currently CD 3 so i'm on my second day of soy this cycle. Last night i went to bed with a massive headache and it has not gone so i am taking a sick day at work. I have also notice that my first day of AF was very strong. usually it's the second day. I was quite miserable, it's better now but i wonder if it has anything to do with Soy. I'm not gonna stop taking it tho, i can take a headache if it's to get me a beautiful baby... i bet i'll get a whole lot more of those once i have kids anyways. :)

I notice that a lot of you ladies are also on soy. How are you guys feeling on it? Last cycle was fine for me, didn't feel different except very excited once i realized it worked!

I am totally a believer of soy now!!!

Hope2Be13 June 18th, 2013 07:22 AM

Re: Side effects of soy?

I took it for the first time this cycle, I took it CD5-9 because I couldn't decide if I wanted to take it! I wish I would have done CD3-7. But anyways, I noticed some headaches as well. Not bad ones though, more like sharp squeezing pains that would last a few seconds and go away. That's pretty much all I noticed, but I know head aches are common with soy

2014 Offshoremama78 June 18th, 2013 11:19 AM

I take mine before bed, cause I read that most side effects are alleviated
by doing so.. The only thing I noticed was dryness.. Which I combated
with EPO..

Pretty_N_Ink June 18th, 2013 01:27 PM

When I took it I slept like a rock, I had terrible headaches and got a little moody once or twice :D

Taniam June 18th, 2013 02:46 PM

Well i take two capsules, one in the morning and one in the evening (50mg each). Sadly taking the one at night doesn't help as i went to bed with a headache and woke up with it :(

Worth it tho!

Gamer_Princess June 18th, 2013 02:48 PM

When I took Soy I took mine before bed and could tell when I was ovulating because of the cramping :) I did have a bit of headaches but I usually do anyways. I hope you get to feeling better :)

Orangebrittainy June 18th, 2013 02:53 PM

When I took it, I took it at night as well. I noticed some dryness and bought some of the lube that is supposed to be sperm friendly. I never used it though because DH seemed to be able to get me moist enough for the job. It worked for us on cycle 2.

Taniam June 18th, 2013 03:05 PM

Well this is my second soy cycle as well. Last cycle was basically just to see what it would do for me as i knew i had no chance last cycle because of DF being away at training. But i am very excited about this cycle since i will be visiting for a little bit over two weeks and i have due to ovulate smack down in the middle. Hopefully soy cycle #2 will be it for us too!

Last cycle i notice no dryness, maybe even more noticeable than lately, maybe because my O was stronger.

I have a type of sperm friendly lube that says it expires in June 2013. Basically the pharmacy doesn't keep a large stock of it, i wonder if it would hurt to use it in July....