JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Omg!!! Whole blood instead of urine... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2660104-omg-whole-blood-instead-urine.html)

HarleeQuinn June 20th, 2013 09:13 AM

Omg!!! Whole blood instead of urine...

Okay ladies I am faaaaaa-reeeeeeking out right now!!!! I used whole blood instead of urine and i got a bfp!!!!!!!!! I don't have time to post the pic but I sooooo will if anyone wants to see it. Please oh please tell me this isn't a cruel joke!!!!!!

mom2pne June 20th, 2013 09:23 AM

Re: Omg!!! Whole blood instead of urine...

How did you get your blood?

HarleeQuinn June 20th, 2013 09:26 AM

I poked holes in my pinky with my glucometer stick! I'm posting a pic now. Link to follow!

HarleeQuinn June 20th, 2013 09:57 AM

1st pic... Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #142133 | Countdown to Pregnancy
Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #142136 | Countdown to Pregnancy

Renee360 June 20th, 2013 10:28 AM

What kind of test did you use?

That's a lot of poking your pinky took.

HarleeQuinn June 20th, 2013 10:33 AM

My comments have to be approved. I've replied promptly but... They're not showing up yet..

mom2ariana June 20th, 2013 10:34 AM

i'm confused. you can't put blood on a HPT and ive never heard of a home pregnancy test that uses blood.

HarleeQuinn June 20th, 2013 10:36 AM

If you go on countdowntopregnancy you can find me as HarleeQuinn on there :) new choice was the test I used!

Mom2ariana- in the ER if a woman cannot urinate and we need a rapid test, we use blood on the urine test. Here is an interesting video Whole blood on home pregnancy test - YouTube

mom2ariana June 20th, 2013 10:42 AM

i personally would put 0 stock in that. not trying to be mean, just honest. you can't use blood on a pregnancy test. they are only meant for urine. you need to use urine. if you're not getting a positive with urine you're not getting a positive on a hpt with blood. regardless of whether or not hcg betas are more sensitive in the doc's office, that's not a hcg beta its a urine hpt. it's never going to vary in how sensitive it is, no matter what bodily fluid you put on it.
I wouldn't trust it - at all. just my two cents.

HarleeQuinn June 20th, 2013 10:59 AM

My response was snarky, I took offense. However, I can assure you that I personally have done it at work, in the ER, many times

HarleeQuinn June 20th, 2013 11:46 AM

Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #142133 | Countdown to Pregnancy
Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #142141 | Countdown to Pregnancy

ladyluck87 June 20th, 2013 12:40 PM

How many dpo are you? Do you get a line when using urine too? I def saw the line on the pix!

HarleeQuinn June 20th, 2013 01:30 PM

Leonara, I got a faint faint, use your imaginaryscope to see it line. So faint I can't even get a picture! I'll see about a blood test at work tonight and I will update everyone when I get the results! :)
Ohh and I'm 7-8 dpo :)

MommaLove13 June 20th, 2013 01:49 PM

I wouldn't trust that at all. Sorry. The blood will pool around the indent causing a line.

Duffy510 June 20th, 2013 02:10 PM

Fingers crossed it's not a cruel joke but the beginning of a bfp! Defo test again with urine or do a lab test though.

Renee360 June 20th, 2013 02:15 PM

I have a couple different brands that are Combo-blood and urine. I wouldn't think that any old regular HPT would work.

Osom is one that is. Combo HPT.

Anyhow, if you indeed are pregnant, I would go verify it with an actual Beta test at your Dr. office.

*Leslie* June 20th, 2013 02:35 PM

On another site I am on there was a big thread about this kind of testing and from what I could tell, it seemed pretty accurate, though they diluted the blood first.

Gamer_Princess June 20th, 2013 08:05 PM

Yeah there was a woman I think in the FEB DDC that just did this :) She put 6 drops of her blood and mixed it with 1/2 cup of water and got some bright :bfp:s

HCG shows up in the blood WAY before it shows up in the urine so good luck with your beta test tonight :)

In any case it is a unique approach :) There sas a woman who did this back in JAN/FEB who was indeed pregnant in the SEPT DDC :)

KUP :)

Lucy S. June 20th, 2013 08:37 PM

Yup this is NOT a new concept!
I am not exactly sure of the accuracy but it's a heck of a lot better than using an OPK and people don;t get flamed for doing that!

Gamer_Princess June 20th, 2013 08:39 PM

Well stated Lucy :)