JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Pity Party .. table for 1 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2660967-pity-party-table-for-1-a.html)

inyourhonor June 24th, 2013 05:30 AM

Pity Party .. table for 1

Feeling a bit down right now. It seems like everyone and their mother is getting pregnant. Most of them aren't even trying. It's definitely made me feel a bit more sad the last few days because of this wave of announcements that seem to be coming through on facebook or on the website Livejournal. I swear either or any time I get onto one of them, BAM, new announcement.

Trying to remain my positive self, but this is hard right now! My husband had to remind me it'll happen. I know it will. /end pity party

lovemylittlemiss June 24th, 2013 06:08 AM

Re: Pity Party .. table for 1

((hugs)) I know how you feel...seems like everywhere I look there are pregnant people or friends getting pregnant. I want it so bad! When is my turn?!?! I'm having a hard time staying positive about it.

inyourhonor June 24th, 2013 06:10 AM

I just logged onto facebook for a minute and had another friend asking me questions about a swing we have and she told me she's pregnant. :/

Hope2Be13 June 24th, 2013 06:26 AM

I know... A girl at work last night told us she just found out she's unexpectantly pregnant. And we just found out my sister is 10 wks pregnant(but I'm realllllly excited about that actually!)...but still, I wish it were that easy for us!

WaitinginNJ June 24th, 2013 07:21 AM

We will get there. I went on FB and a girl I know posted a picture of a sonogram and all I could think was...WHO IS THE DADDY???? She wasn't even trying either...it sometimes isn't fair :( BUT....it will come!

inyourhonor June 24th, 2013 08:26 AM

I know it will and whats odd is that it's really bugging me now. Normally it wouldn't! Maybe it was just the rapid announcements that got to me.

WaitinginNJ June 24th, 2013 08:37 AM

(((hugs)))

inyourhonor June 24th, 2013 08:45 AM

Venting definitely helped. I'm remembering what my husband said, it will happen for us. It will. I know it will. I just wish it was now :p

cutenurse24 June 24th, 2013 08:51 AM

:grouphug: I totally understand what you are saying

*Jen* June 24th, 2013 08:59 AM

You are not alone...

Can I join and make it a party for 2?

Butterfly_angel June 24th, 2013 09:13 AM

(((Hugs))) I know what you mean. It's getting to where I don't want to go anywhere or open Facebook. It is hard to stay positive. :dust: to you

hopeful_girl55 June 24th, 2013 09:26 AM

Umm! Better make it a table for 3! I am definetly in this pitty party. :( So sad and depressed and feeling sorry for myself. I will get passed it, its just harder some days than others.

inyourhonor June 24th, 2013 09:35 AM

There is definitely room at the table!

JulieM June 24th, 2013 12:39 PM

Make it 4. I just don't get how we are all trying and I have a friend and a co-worker that just said they are pregnant and they are oops babies. Really??? Why is it so easy for them??

babygirlbaby June 24th, 2013 12:53 PM

Can I join? My neighbor's daughter who's 19 found out she's pregnant a few weeks ago. She's unemployed, immature, and her bf is good for nothing. Super. And it does seem like someone is announcing their pregnancy on fb or having their baby.

hopeful_girl55 June 24th, 2013 01:15 PM

Yeah I definitely agree. Everyone around me is pregnant or just had their baby. And only one out of probably about 20 people actually tried to get pregnant, is a very stable relationship, with a job. None of the others, as far as I know, we planned. And if they were these people should not be having babies! Where is my little precious bundle. :(

inyourhonor June 24th, 2013 01:24 PM

Everyone I know is a mixed bag. One is stable, it's her 4th, she was trying. Another is stable, 3rd, wasn't trying. Another isn't stable, 2nd and just broke up with the dad. A few others weren't trying either.

I'm happy for them, I am. Just wish I could be saying it as well.

Taniam June 24th, 2013 03:13 PM

Pull me up a chair! Just had a visit from a four month old at work today and my coworker is bringing is 3 month old to work tomorow. And everyone turns to me to ask "when are you having kids Tania?" Blahhhh really?! If they only knew!

Seeking Baby Thornburg June 24th, 2013 04:31 PM

DH and I can completely relate to how you are feeling. We have been trying for since our wedding night a year ago and have yet to get a BFP. I think the hardest part of seeing everyone around me get theirs is, like you said, most of them arent even trying.

JCT2005 June 25th, 2013 10:50 AM

I know how you feel. It's frustrating when other people get pregnant around you. A few years ago, when it was hitting me and DH that we wanted another kid, it was hard. I swear everyone I knew was having babies. Only one person I know is pregnant right now and I'm happy for her. Although I'd love for it to be my turn again.