JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Kicking myself (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2661708-kicking-myself.html)

Mommy2JH June 26th, 2013 06:49 PM

Kicking myself

I mostly lurk on here. DH an I have been TTC #3 since the end of July last year. I took a test at 11 dpo and it was bfn. Today I am 13 dpo and for the fun of it decided to take a dollar tree test before I cooked dinner. At the 5 minute mark it was bfn so I put it in the cabinet and went on to cook. I just went in the bathroom to throw it away (4 hours later) and it has two pink lines. I wish I had checked it before the ten minute mark. I thought evap lines were normally grey but this one is as pink as the control line just not as dark. I have one test lest and I guess I will hold off for tomorrow morning but it is hard. What do you all think? Are evap lines pink?

Pretty_N_Ink June 26th, 2013 07:09 PM

Re: Kicking myself

Can you post a pic?? Sounds pretty promising though :smile: That happened to me a few years back where I got distracted and came back like 45 mins later. Well I was indeed pregnant and that positive test is now a happy little (almost) 4 year. Test again! And welcome !!

Mommy2JH June 26th, 2013 07:20 PM

How do I post a pic from my iPhone?

Pretty_N_Ink June 26th, 2013 07:46 PM

You have to use a site like photobucket to upload it and get the code to paste a pic here

lovemylittlemiss June 27th, 2013 04:51 AM

I've heard of this happening to other people with those cheap tests. Hope this is your bfp!

aStarIsBorn June 27th, 2013 05:34 AM

did you test again this morning!?

hotpinkheels June 27th, 2013 10:00 AM

Just lurking from November DDC and that's exactly what happened with me :) It was nothing at the 5 minute mark, went to shower and definitely two lines. I thought it was evap too...but it wasn't... I was using a dollar store test. GOODLUCK!

Mommy2JH June 27th, 2013 12:01 PM

So I used my last dollar tree test this morning and it appeared to be bfn. I got off work at lunch and bought two more and took them. Nothing showed up until the 8.5 min mark then the both had faint lines! (Both were dollar tests but one was smaller than the other) I went to walmart and got 2 .88 cent tests and a 3 pack of first response. Came straight home and took one of each at the same time. At the 9 min mark the cheap one has a very light line but at the 2 min mark the fr had a light but definitely there!!!! I will feel better when the tests get darker!!

Also I was originally wrong. Today I am 15 dpo.

hotpinkheels June 27th, 2013 12:14 PM

Good luck :) Mine were pretty light and took at least 10 minutes to show on the cheapies... I finally confirmed with a digi. :)

Mommy2JH June 27th, 2013 12:21 PM

If the first response it darker in the am I will go ahead and tell dh. He is at work and won't get home until 8 am.

hotpinkheels June 27th, 2013 09:09 PM

:) fx'd!

Mommy2JH June 28th, 2013 01:01 PM

I took a fr this morning and it was definitely positive. I am so excited and praising God!!

hotpinkheels June 28th, 2013 03:07 PM

Congratulations!! :)

*Jen* June 28th, 2013 03:25 PM

Congrats!!! Happy, healthy 9 months. :)

mandy1986 June 28th, 2013 04:20 PM

Yay! :grants:

Ooops!! :grats:

Gamer_Princess June 28th, 2013 05:27 PM

:grats: