JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Let's talk... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2661997-lets-talk.html)

Gamer_Princess June 28th, 2013 02:56 AM

Let's talk...

about a woman's intuition :) For any of you BTDT moms, did you know you were pregnant before you ever tested?

inyourhonor June 28th, 2013 04:49 AM

Re: Let's talk...

With my 3rd, yes. I wasn't keeping track of periods or anything at the time, we weren't trying. So much was going on that I noticed it hadn't come yet. It hit me. But even the test was so faint I didn't believe it at first.

sareymac June 28th, 2013 05:35 AM

Yes with both. That's why i tested so early with this one. I was like 7 days til AF when I got my BFP this time. Last time it was 2 days before.

ladyluck87 June 28th, 2013 06:15 AM

Nope. Everytime I had that feeling, I was wrong lol. I thought I had it with my 2nd, but after stalking my old posts I realized when I had the intuition feeling it was before I conceived my 2nd.

babygirlbaby June 28th, 2013 06:24 AM

I did with DS2. We weren't trying and I was at work and just stopped dead in my tracks because I *knew* I was pregnant. I went out on lunch break and got a test. It was positive :) I was even on bc and it was a few days before AF was due, so I was shocked that I had this intuition.

rachoochoo2 June 28th, 2013 07:06 AM

I didn't with my first but the second and third pregnancies I knew.

KellJoO June 28th, 2013 07:33 AM

I knew with mine. Sadly we lost baby at 6 weeks, but I tested @ 8DPO and got a very faint line. I was reading the boards that morning and another girl that was 8DPO had tested that morning, listed her symptoms and I thought to myself.....wow, that sounds just like me this month.

At lunch I went out and bought a dollar store test and sure enough, positive.

*Jen* June 28th, 2013 09:00 AM

With my son, I knew without a doubt because my grandma visited me in a dream and told me I was pregnant with a boy. :wub:

Lately, I think I am pregnant every single month (and I am not) and it is SO ANNOYING.

dmarie84 June 28th, 2013 09:40 AM

I had suspicions with my 1st because I had a nagging upset stomach and lack of appetite for a week. I remember thinking about testing during a meeting at work and then I got a text from my husband saying I should test. Came home, did the test and got a dark line.

This time around, the exhaustion is really taking over but I don't know if its a bug or not. I'm still too early to test so it just might be my head playing games.

Jessimaaka June 28th, 2013 09:53 AM

I did because I started burping. I never burp (lol)...so I was like 'I have to be!', tested and yup :D

lovemylittlemiss June 28th, 2013 10:31 AM

Nope! But we weren't actively trying like we are now. I didn't test until 5 something weeks. However, I had a gut feeling I was having a girl...I kept denying this feeling because I'm not often right about these things but looking back I knew I had some intuition about the gender.

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Jen* (Post 27483613)
With my son, I knew without a doubt because my grandma visited me in a dream and told me I was pregnant with a boy. :wub:

Lately, I think I am pregnant every single month (and I am not) and it is SO ANNOYING.

That's me too...I got my hopes up this cycle and last...even DH thought I was pregnant!

Davis720 June 28th, 2013 02:42 PM

I knew with my ds I'd say almost a week before af was due I felt weird for days! I test 2 days before the witch was due and it was a DARK positive!

However, I did think he was a girl until we found out otherwise! So women's intuition only worked 1/2 the time for me! :)

Dolly Lama June 28th, 2013 03:05 PM

This is baby number 3, and nope, not at all! Funny thing is that this time my husband actually had the intuition. I was having a temper tantrum because he wasn't cooperating with DTD during peak time when he cooly turned around and told me not to worry because it already happened (which he never did before). About a week later, we discovered that he was right. :D

Pretty_N_Ink June 28th, 2013 03:08 PM

With my first I knew because my symptoms were SO strong days before missing AF. But with all 3 of my babies I knew the gender from conception. A mix between mothers intuition and physical symptoms I guess. DD #1 I told everyone I was having a girl when I was like 9 weeks along. People thought I was crazy. But I had a dream that I was having my beautiful little brown eyed girl and I was right. Then I got pregnant with DS and I told DH a few days after getting my BFP that we were having a boy. He of course didn't trust me on just my word til we got the gender scan and then he looked at me like I have ESP or something :lol: Then my youngest I told DH again that we were going to have girl. His response was "theres no way you can call all 3 right". We even bet on it. If he was right then he could name him. If I was right I could. Of course he then cheated and didn't let me use ANY name I wanted when he was told the gender :rolleyes:

SassyMama June 28th, 2013 03:42 PM

I knew with my second (ectopic) because I was just soooo exhausted. I was taking a nap pretty much every day and when I realized that I was so tired, it just clicked in my head. The first time I had an idea because my BB's were hurting like no other.

Gamer_Princess June 28th, 2013 05:33 PM

Wonderful stories girls :) I think mine is the progesterone talking but I feel so different in my pelvis and belly... like it is super sore like I have been doing crunches...never ever have felt like this... :) Hoping it turns into something great :)

Davis720 June 28th, 2013 05:37 PM

:dust: to you!

Gamer_Princess June 28th, 2013 05:39 PM

You too! I am only 5DPO so it must really be all in my head but wishful thinking right? lol OMG you are 7DPO come on :bfp: :dust:

Davis720 June 28th, 2013 06:08 PM

Testing in the am! Keep em crossed for me ;-)

JCT2005 June 28th, 2013 08:17 PM

I had no idea. I wasn't trying and I wasn't keeping track of AF that much. Then one day DH and I were talking about it and I realized it had been two months since I had AF. He said I was pregnant, I thought he was crazy. We bought a test and I was sure it was going to be a BFN but Corey said he was sure I was pregnant. He was right and I didn't truly believe until I tested three more times.

DH also said our son was going to be a boy weeks before we could find out gender.