JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   I really need your honest opinion! (Sorry for posting so much) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2662648-i-really-need-your-honest-opinion-sorry-for-posting-so-much.html)

Hope2Be13 July 1st, 2013 06:36 AM

I really need your honest opinion! (Sorry for posting so much)

They just called with my blood work results.
My level was 0.5 :(
I'm so sad and I feel so hopeless....

My question to you is, if I didn't get a positive OPK until CD17, was CD23 too early to say if I ovulated? Even if it was too early, should my level have been higher for being 4-5 DPO?

I hate this :( I don't know what to do now....

Gamer_Princess July 1st, 2013 06:45 AM

Re: I really need your honest opinion! (Sorry for posting so much)

I am going to say you did not O :( The typical level for 7DPO should be over 10 unmedicated and over 15-20 medicated ( the range is really up to what the doctor is looking for)

You did get another positive OPK after the CD 17 one right? have you continued to take them? I would def go back for another blood work draw 7DPO post your last positive OPK.

I am so sorry :( Did you discuss anything like Clomid or Femara to help with ovulation when you went to your doctor? Thinking of you :wub:

Hope2Be13 July 1st, 2013 06:55 AM

CD17 was my only positive OPK. That's why I'm wondering if I went too early for my blood work. If I O'd it probably wasn't until CD18 and I went for blood work on CD23?

I definitely want to try clomid if this cycle is over ;(

Gamer_Princess July 1st, 2013 07:04 AM

I love love Clomid :) It has taken all the guess work out of my cycle so far. I love going to the ultrasounds to see what my follies look like and my lining. The blood work is just icing on the cake to confirm stuff :)

We did all the important stuff at home but honestly Clomid, generically is like 5.00-10.00 per cycle without insurance. My insurance covers all things medical assistance as long as timed intercourse is involved :)

Did you doctor's office say anything about the level?

SmilingSam July 1st, 2013 12:47 PM

At least now you know. And the docs should have no qualms about writing you for Clomid. It's not all bad news. It documentation and a paper trial. Clomid worked for me on my first cycle. Hopefully it will work for you, too. :heart:

Gamer_Princess July 1st, 2013 01:25 PM

Yes many doctors will not monitor with it so they should not have a problem prescribing it to you :) Good luck my dear :)

chrysalis1 July 1st, 2013 04:15 PM

I am so surprised to hear these progesterone levels. They do indicate that you did not O so I am guessing you had an extremely convincing gear up. Unless they mixed up the results somehow!? Ugh! If you recall in my first ovulatory cycle after provera after bcp I did not O until CD35 and I did gear up, but eventually the egg made it out. So I am thinking u will ovulate for real this cycle, your body probably just had a "test run" kind of thing. I would definitely push for an ultrasound if you can, it was like pulling my teeth getting one out of my doctor but seeing the follicle and seeing my ovaries up close helped me see that everything was starting to work like normal. I also think it would be great if you were able to get Clomid, bc my dr acts like she has a problem prescribing fertility meds to me because I'm 22. She was even resistant to suggest metformin if I did turn out to have pcos, she was like well if you do have pcos you should go back on the birth control pill, then I told her my husband and I are ttc and she goes well you're young so after six more charted cycles and a for sure diagnosis we can talk about metformin and I'm like ugh. It would be nearly impossible for me to get Clomid at this rate. Its awesome if you can get Clomid bc for women with trouble ovulating the ovulation rates are SUPER high at the right dose and the pregnancy rates are pretty great.

That is, of course, if you don't have an egg in there just waiting for like CD35 to drop ...

Hope2Be13 July 1st, 2013 08:09 PM

I'm just so upset. I just knew I was in the TWW. I had all the signs of O! I'm calling tomorrow to make an apt with my dr to discuss other options. I feel so hopeless

chrysalis1 July 1st, 2013 08:19 PM

Don't feel hopeless :( I know it's hard not to because I felt so hopeless last cycle when I got a bfn, and nothing anyone said could change that, but we are all here thinking of you and supporting you and as long as you keep trying, you WILL become a mommy

Gamer_Princess July 1st, 2013 10:21 PM

Do not feel hopeless. Depending on how long you took birth control it can be tricky without a bit of help to O or even get regulated cycles. I hope your doctor gets you right in and you get your :bfp: very soon :)

Lucy S. July 1st, 2013 11:34 PM

yes for 5-6dpo it would have been higher :( Odds are you have not O'ed... How long are your cycles typically?
Temping could give you that answer too... That's why it's hard with just OPKs because we see many ladies convinced they O'ed but in reality they only geared up to.

{{{hugs}}} It seems scary but getting medical assistance is so much easier than you think! I hope it all works out soon for you!

Hope2Be13 July 2nd, 2013 12:15 AM

Thank you everyone. I had my hopes up so high and now I feel like idk what to do. My DH doesn't get it... He's not upset, he just says "it will happen!". That doesn't make me feel better, because I know without O it's not going to happen. I'm not against medical assistance. I just hope my dr will listen to me and let me take provera and clomid next cycle. I hope she doesn't make me wait months and months longer.

We are going to see my DHs dad in August. I so wanted to be pregnant by then so we could surprise them. We never see them :( ugh

Sorry I'm being depressing. It's just how I feel right now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy S. (Post 27491334)
yes for 5-6dpo it would have been higher :( Odds are you have not O'ed... How long are your cycles typically?
Temping could give you that answer too... That's why it's hard with just OPKs because we see many ladies convinced they O'ed but in reality they only geared up to.

{{{hugs}}} It seems scary but getting medical assistance is so much easier than you think! I hope it all works out soon for you!

I don't know how long my cycles are. I've had to start every cycle with provera since getting off bcp in feb. I was just hoping I would be regulated this cycle. I had taken soy and I hit my 6 month mark :(

Hope2Be13 July 2nd, 2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamer_Princess (Post 27488902)
I love love Clomid :) It has taken all the guess work out of my cycle so far. I love going to the ultrasounds to see what my follies look like and my lining. The blood work is just icing on the cake to confirm stuff :)

We did all the important stuff at home but honestly Clomid, generically is like 5.00-10.00 per cycle without insurance. My insurance covers all things medical assistance as long as timed intercourse is involved :)

Did you doctor's office say anything about the level?

The nurse is the one who called me. She didn't even know anything. She said "your level is 0.5" in a happy voice like it was suppose to be a good thing! I asked what I was suppose to do now and she said she would ask the doctor and call me. She didn't call, so I'm calling in the morning. I want to make an appointment and actually go talk to her. I really hope she will prescribe me clomid.

Gamer_Princess July 2nd, 2013 02:51 AM

Honestly I do not see why she wouldn't :) Sometimes you have to push for what you want. Good luck :wub:

Hope2Be13 July 2nd, 2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamer_Princess (Post 27491380)
Honestly I do not see why she wouldn't :) Sometimes you have to push for what you want. Good luck :wub:

She had said something before about wanting me to do some scans before I started on medication. But I want to ask if I can try the medication first. I don't see the point in getting scans done if the only problem is I'm not ovulating. Clomid should solve the ovulation problem...

Hope2Be13 July 2nd, 2013 06:28 AM

I just called my dr office and the nurse is going to discuss results with my dr later this morning and call me back about the next step to take.

I feel like such a weak person. The fact that I don't ovulate hadn't really sat with me too much yesterday because I had to work all night and didn't have time to think about it. This morning, I'm all tears... I feel broken. I hate that I'm so weak when so many people go through years of infertility. I guess it's just the concrete knowledge that I don't ovulate... I'm scared. What if clomid doesn't even work for me? My sister tried for a baby for 6 years before she was successful and I'm so scared I'm next. I admire all of you so much who struggle with infertility...I'm only 6 months into trying and I feel torn apart :(

Thank you for listening to me. I can't talk to anyone about this because no one knew I was TTC in the first place.

Lucy S. July 2nd, 2013 11:56 AM

NO NO NO! You need a bit to grieve! It's hard but you learn to pick yourself up!
You are NOT weak! We all have crashes and that first one knocks the air out of you!
But it's an easy fix ;) And once you get answers and a plan? You will feel a million times better! And then when you see you actually O? It's almost as good as a BFP! Well.. ok not really :D LOL!
Head over to the TTCMA forum! :)

Hope2Be13 July 2nd, 2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy S. (Post 27492543)
NO NO NO! You need a bit to grieve! It's hard but you learn to pick yourself up!
You are NOT weak! We all have crashes and that first one knocks the air out of you!
But it's an easy fix ;) And once you get answers and a plan? You will feel a million times better! And then when you see you actually O? It's almost as good as a BFP! Well.. ok not really :D LOL!
Head over to the TTCMA forum! :)

Aw thank you so much!! I'll check it out :)