JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Lab results called back today...I could use some advice (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2672706-lab-results-called-back-today-i-could-use-some-advice.html)

Hope2Be13 August 16th, 2013 08:36 AM

Lab results called back today...I could use some advice

Progesterone 0.6
I just want to cry... And I've already cried once about it. They just said for me to repeat the dose of provera and clomid again. I'm on day 31 right now. How long should I give myself until I restart everything?
This is so disheartening

CzechWife August 16th, 2013 08:50 AM

Re: Lab results called back today...I could use some advice

Oh hunny I am so sorry! I know you will get your baby soon! I am not sure about when to take the provera. However I do know that sometimes it takes time for them to get the clomid dosage down to get you to ovulate. Keep your head up and I am fxd that this next round works. ((((hugs)))) This want for a child is so great in our hearts and every fiber of our being, we have to keep each other going and one day we will see that lovely baby in our arms and it will all be worth it.

hopeful_girl55 August 16th, 2013 11:30 AM

Okay first of all, I really like her ^^ post. :)
Second that sucks. Hopefully the next dose of clomid gets things moving for you. Idk about the provera, I've never taken it. But I know a lot of ladies on here have and they should have an answer for you.
Fxd for a strong O this next cycle and your get your sticky bean!

SmilingSam August 16th, 2013 11:57 AM

Start now. New cycle new start next round. Will they up the clomid? And will they do an ultrasound to check for cysts before the new cycle?

The reason I say start provera now is bc it's the increase then sudden decrease in progesterone that signals your body to have a period.

Tiffany8620 August 16th, 2013 12:23 PM

:dothug:

Hope2Be13 August 16th, 2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmilingSam (Post 27591465)
Start now. New cycle new start next round. Will they up the clomid? And will they do an ultrasound to check for cysts before the new cycle?

The reason I say start provera now is bc it's the increase then sudden decrease in progesterone that signals your body to have a period.

I just don't know if I should start the provera now or give myself another week or so to see if I'll ovulate. I know some ladies don't O until CD30 and further on clomid... Should I give myself more time?

And no, I'm keeping the same clomid dosage and no ultrasounds this time. If I don't ovulate with this round I'll have another appointment to up my dosage and talk about being monitored. :(

Mrs.MCH August 16th, 2013 02:05 PM

I say just start now. That way if you don't O again u can get to that appointment and get it uped...then again I totally get why ur not sure bc I havev read many posts in the past of people no oing till super late on it.

mamaquiltthief August 16th, 2013 02:42 PM

*hugs* Sorry this wasn't your cycle :(

hopeful_girl55 August 16th, 2013 03:04 PM

Well that might be better. Its gives your body another chance to cooperate with the low dose of clomid. And I know some ladies have really complained about the side effects of it and it gets worse with the higher dose. So maybe you just need another chance. I really hope everything they are doing for you gives you your stick bean soon!

jjustice12 August 16th, 2013 05:59 PM

Id maybe wait a week. An see wat happens. My prayers are with u

bella88 August 16th, 2013 06:53 PM

Honestly I would start provera now and start again but if it makes you feel better to wait a week or so then do what feels right for you :). Hope the next dose of clomid is the right one! I am really pulling for you. I need a May DDC buddy!

*Jen* August 17th, 2013 12:06 PM

I would also take the provera now to start my cycle but you need to do what is best for you. :)

Gamer_Princess August 17th, 2013 12:15 PM

This is a hard question to fully answer.... if you feel you could wait out O then I would wait till CD 40 BUT if you are ready to get the next cycle on the road i would start now. I am thinking of you girl :wub:

Hope2Be13 August 17th, 2013 02:25 PM

Thanks everyone! I started provera last night.... I just want to get the show on the road. I think this next cycle I'm going to take my clomid but chill out the rest of the cycle instead of doing OPKs and stuff. It's so upsetting to get several random positive OPKs but not O and I over analyze and stress way too much. We are just going to BD every other day and see what happens

*Jen* August 17th, 2013 06:31 PM

That's sounds like a great plan!! :dust: :dust: :)

cutenurse24 August 22nd, 2013 05:36 PM

That sounds like a great plan. I wanted to tell you something I learned from taking the Clomid, take it at night before you go to bed. If you take it at night, you don't have as many of the side effects that you would have if you took it in the morning.

*Leah* August 22nd, 2013 05:48 PM

Good luck w this next cycle...are they upping your dosage of clomid? Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the dose right. I know it's frustrating....praying this cycle is IT for you!

Hope2Be13 August 22nd, 2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stillwaiting (Post 27606416)
Good luck w this next cycle...are they upping your dosage of clomid? Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the dose right. I know it's frustrating....praying this cycle is IT for you!

They aren't upping my dosage just yet. I'm doing one more cycle of 50 mg and I'm hoping it will make me O! I'm going to be SO busy this month...I'm in a wedding and I have a ton of showers and stuff to go to, plus I start nurse practitioner school. I'm hoping all the distractions will be a good thing and I'll get a bfp by surprise :)