JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Temp rise or not?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2673306-temp-rise-not.html)

Hope2Be13 August 19th, 2013 06:16 AM

Temp rise or not??

This morning my temp was way high! 98.2. But is that because I started my provera? Does that make your temp rise?

Melissadd August 19th, 2013 07:17 AM

Re: Temp rise or not??

I honestly don't know . But hopefully someone can answer that for you.

LivyLove August 19th, 2013 07:58 AM

My only expierence with provera was before my bonehead doctor figured out I was pregnant with my first and presribed it to me:rolleyes:

I'm sure someone on here could answer your question though.

2014 Offshoremama78 August 19th, 2013 10:50 AM

it could be from the prover a, it does have progesterone in it,
which does make your temp go up... fx tho...

chrysalis1 August 19th, 2013 01:23 PM

Provera is a synthetic progesterone so in most cases it will cause a temp rise, since the progesterone from the corpus luteum is what causes the natural temp rise in the luteal phase.. BUT IT IS 100% POSSIBLE you may have actually O'ed since if your body was going to O anyway sometimes women will still O while taking provera... when I took it my doctor warned me that provera will **NOT** prevent pregnancy and that if my period does not start after finishing to take another test.... Also I read quite a few stories of women who O while taking provera and never know it until they test with a bfp because their temps were messed up... I guess the only way to know for sure would be if you had taken OPKS or in 2 weeks you can test.. good luck! Since you aren't yet out I am definitely crossing my fingers that you end this cycle with a bfp!! :dust:

Hope2Be13 August 19th, 2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrysalis1 (Post 27597798)
Provera is a synthetic progesterone so in most cases it will cause a temp rise, since the progesterone from the corpus luteum is what causes the natural temp rise in the luteal phase.. BUT IT IS 100% POSSIBLE you may have actually O'ed since if your body was going to O anyway sometimes women will still O while taking provera... when I took it my doctor warned me that provera will **NOT** prevent pregnancy and that if my period does not start after finishing to take another test.... Also I read quite a few stories of women who O while taking provera and never know it until they test with a bfp because their temps were messed up... I guess the only way to know for sure would be if you had taken OPKS or in 2 weeks you can test.. good luck! Since you aren't yet out I am definitely crossing my fingers that you end this cycle with a bfp!! :dust:

Thank you!!! I haven't taken OPKs in a while. I've just been temping when I can and not worrying about it. I'm on vacation right now and took my temp this morning and it was way higher. I hope I O'ed but it's probably just the provera. So is it dangerous to stop taking provera after 10 days if I did O?? I don't want to mess anything up!

chrysalis1 August 19th, 2013 09:22 PM

I'm not sure, we would need an expert opinion on that lol. I would guess that if you were preggo by then the pregnancy is producing its own progesterone by then. But I don't know so hopefully someone who does weighs in!!!!

Hope2Be13 August 20th, 2013 08:00 AM

I'm sure it's from the provera... My temp went down this morning a little, but still high compared to my usual. Guess we will see if AF shows