JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   6 dpo and ended going to the ER for what I thought was minor! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2673701-6-dpo-and-ended-going-to-er-for-what-i-thought-minor.html)

Melissadd August 20th, 2013 03:52 PM

6 dpo and ended going to the ER for what I thought was minor!

So for the last 2 months I have been dealing with an yeast infection that I can not get rid off. I have tried everything and it goes away for a week or 2 and comes back, so after being miserable all week end I decided to go to the ER to see why I can not get rid of it. So I told them that there is a chance that I could be pregnant but that it was too early to know for sure. Anyways they did a urinalysis and blood work. My urinalysis shows that I have a urinary tract infection and my blood test showed that my white blood count is high which makes sense if I have a UTI, but I really do not have any symptoms of a UTI other then burning when I pee, which I assumed is caused by the irritation from the yeast infection. So he prescribe cipro for 8 days but when I went to fill my prescription I told the pharmacist that I could be pregnant so she told me that I should not take cipro if there is any chance at all that I could be pregnant. She called the DR at the ER and he ordered amoxicillin 3x a day for 12 days but I am not really comfortable taking them plus the fact that I really do not have any symptoms of a UTI and we all know that the antibiotics will make the yeast infection 100 times worse. What would you do if you were me??

CzechWife August 20th, 2013 04:37 PM

Re: 6 dpo and ended going to the ER for what I thought was minor!

Take the medicine ! If you let your UTI go on any longer sweetie it could be dangerous. Amoxicillin is safe I think during pregnancy. If you are pregnant this cycle you will be going for a dr checkup soon anyways if you get a yeast infection. I don't want to see you get sick ! Good luck and feel better hun!

PinkFireFly August 20th, 2013 05:12 PM

^^ what she said... UTI can lead to kidney infection and get into sepsis which is bad..

I would take the medication especially since te pharmacist and doc changed it to a pregnancy safe, plus since you are only 6 dpo the chances of the med causing issue is slim to none...

If you want to help keep the yeast infection at bay eat a day yogurt, take a probiotic supplement, you can also do a plain yogurt insertion into the vagina to help combat the yeast...

Also look into decreasing your sugar intake...

Gamer_Princess August 20th, 2013 05:20 PM

I would def take the meds :) Good luck girl :)

Nel August 20th, 2013 06:44 PM

with my first at 7 weeks, I had a uti that snuck up on me and turned into a kidney infection.... I have a fever for 3 days which is super dangerous for the baby at that age. I ended up in the hospital with an Iv line for days an days. It was scary and horrible, much worse than any yeast infection would be.

SweetiePeas August 20th, 2013 06:48 PM

lurking... Amoxicillin is one of the safest antibiotics if you are pregnant. I have had to take it 2x this pregnancy. If it is a uti and its untreated it can make things worse. GL with everything and hope you feel better.

LivyLove August 21st, 2013 04:26 AM

Take the meds!

Feel better:smile:

Melissadd August 21st, 2013 05:53 AM

I am taking the meds, but I have been up most of the night very nauseated,and have noticed some blood in my urine and I am also having some back pain. I really hope this clears up fast.

bella88 August 21st, 2013 12:09 PM

Sounds like the rest of the UTI symptoms have started to kick in :(. Hopefully the early jump on antibiotics gets rid of it quickly :hugs:. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Diamond2009 August 21st, 2013 09:25 PM

Good choice taking the meds that's what I would have done. Hope it clears up fast. When do you plan on testing?

Your chart looks amazing BTW

LucasMom11 August 22nd, 2013 02:54 PM

Im sorry to hear that! I'd take the amoxicilin, because I think if the infection get owrse, that could harm your baby....I took amoxicilin while pregnant, it was ok.

I hope you feel better!

BTW, did they do a blood test for pregnancy in the ER? What did it say?

Melissadd August 22nd, 2013 06:12 PM

No they did not do a blood test for pregnancy in the ER I was only 6 dpo so my guess is it would not of showed anything. I plan on waiting until Af is due before testing and af is due Sunday or Monday. Fx crossed she does not show up.

*Jen* August 22nd, 2013 09:07 PM

I hope the antibiotics kick in and you start feeling better asap.

*Leah* August 22nd, 2013 09:11 PM

Glad you took the meds....your chart looks great :) TEST TEST TEST :)

Mrs.MCH August 22nd, 2013 09:56 PM

So glad u took meds...I've never had a uti or s yeast infection but I can imagine ur feeling horrible!@@ get better and hope u get that bfp

Diamond2009 August 23rd, 2013 06:45 AM

I agree your chart looks amazing. You got some willpower girl. I['d be POAS