JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   temp question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2673997-temp-question.html)

ThePoison August 21st, 2013 06:10 PM

temp question

according to my charts, I o'd on the 14th, my normal temp is about 98.7, today my temp jumped up to 99.4... I am not sick or anything, least I don't think, also have sore bbs and TMI but having to pee like every 30 minutes. I have an almost 2 year old, but I didn't find out till I was almost 10 weeks with her, so I dont know early symptoms, this is our first time ttc with charting. AF is due the 28th or 29th, so I know I'm not even close to testing. Just wondering what you all thought? Thanks ladies!

Diamond2009 August 21st, 2013 06:14 PM

Re: temp question

Do you have a link to your chart? by the sound of it ....your symptoms and temp spike sound promising Fx'd

*Leah* August 21st, 2013 07:09 PM

yes sounds promising!!! post a link and good luck!!!

ThePoison August 22nd, 2013 01:07 AM

Hey, thanks ladies, I think this is the link, sorry I am not always up on my data, but the temp spike threw me off, I tested my temp again this evening, it's a few degrees lower, so maybe nothing going on. Anyhow, here's the chart, sorry for lack of data =] maybe next cycle I will be better at it... =]

BTW it won't let me post links because I dont have enough posts, but it's fertility friend / home / 3dc66a, if that makes sense... Boo to not being able to post a link.

Diamond2009 August 22nd, 2013 06:37 AM

You can always add the link to you signature. At the top of the page go to quick links then edit signature and add the code in there

Renee360 August 22nd, 2013 07:56 AM

Taking your temp in the evening isn't really going to give you any useful information.

GL and FC'd you get your BFP!

ThePoison August 22nd, 2013 09:02 AM

Yeah lol I have been temping during the day, like afternoonish normally. I am not really feeling like this could be it, I think I am more just trying to understand what I am looking for... I will try to get some more posts so I can get able to send links. Boo hiss...

Diamond2009 August 22nd, 2013 03:40 PM

Yeh you have to temp at the same tine every morning before you get up, pee or talk.

ThePoison August 22nd, 2013 11:06 PM

Oh ok =] thanks! I will try to keep track better! <3

2014 Offshoremama78 August 23rd, 2013 12:00 AM

here is a good site to learn about bbt.. hope this helps..
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/start.html

*Leah* August 23rd, 2013 05:26 AM

Yes, I agree with the other girls. If you are taking it randomly during the day, you won't get any useful results :( it must be in the morning, or after at least 4 hours of sleep (if you are a shift worker)- before getting up, talking or eating...etc...

ThePoison August 23rd, 2013 10:37 AM

Thank you ladies! I temped this am and it was still 99, I am not sure what my normal waking temp is tho so I am gonna try again next cycle since I think I really screwed up this time, but it's good to know!

Diamond2009 August 23rd, 2013 12:06 PM

You can still continue this month just to get into the swing of things then it'll be routine for you next cycle

2014 Offshoremama78 August 23rd, 2013 12:36 PM

what kind of thermometer are you using and how are you temping?
99 does sound kinda high for a bbt, are you feeling sick?

ThePoison August 23rd, 2013 09:41 PM

I usually run 98.8 to 98.6, I am using a digital BBT thermometer from the pharmacy, this am it was 99... i just feel like I am doing it wrong, i dont feel sick? Maybe I am? I have had kind of a stuffy nose... I guess if nothing happens by AF I will go see my dr and see if I am sick. =[ Thanks tho everyone