JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Boy or Girl?! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2674056-boy-girl.html)

Gamer_Princess August 22nd, 2013 03:21 AM

Boy or Girl?!

I know when it comes to TTC some have a preference :) What is yours?!

DH and I use to say we wanted a girl and even recently that was the case now we are leaning towards HEALTHY and FULL TERM for starters but know that our first child may very well be our only child so a BOY would really complete our family :wub:

LivyLove August 22nd, 2013 04:28 AM

Re: Boy or Girl?!

I want a girl and DW wants a boy. I love the bows, dresses and I guess the pageantry of having a little girl. Until my just recently my daughter always had a bow in her hair! lol On the other hand, my little boy is probably more feminine than my daughter. He is very sensitive and loves affection where my daughter can be an ice queen.

I think my DW wants a boy because she is a bit of a tomboy herself. As a stepmom she relates to my son more than my daughter. I think girls freak her out because she isnt in to all the girly stuff that my daughter and I are=)

AllyTales August 22nd, 2013 04:39 AM

Of course, I would be thrilled with either.
But I'd adore a little girl. I've always wanted one!

aStarIsBorn August 22nd, 2013 06:15 AM

well i already have a daughter from my previous marriage, and my DH has a son from a previous marriage (we are a blended family!).....and of course we just want a healthy baby, but i'd love another girl and DH wants a boy, of course. :rolleyes:

Wish44 August 22nd, 2013 06:23 AM

Of course we just want a healthy, happy baby. However, if we could pick, I think we'd both say boy. :smile:

Diamond2009 August 22nd, 2013 06:26 AM

I just another full term healthy baby but if I had to pick a boy would complete our family

Mrs.MCH August 22nd, 2013 06:27 AM

I have a daughter from previous relationship....so we kinda want a boy so we have one of each BUT think we are both a bit scared bc DH got in lots of trouble in his teen and early twenty years A LOT OF TROUBLE!!!! So think we both fear our boy will end up the same way no matter how good of parents we are....I mean DH was from an upper middle class family...very nice home...wonderfully loving mother....ok father and son relationship from what I gather ( his parents did divorce during all the trouble he was in..think he fears he caused their 20 some odd year marriage to fail) overall he had a really good life....much better than mine (I had a wonderful mommy too though...just didn't live in quite so much luxury as my mom was a single mom) Soooooo sometimes when we think boy we think ohhhhhh NO.....lol but we will see...and which ever we get will be fine...he said he used to always kinda want a daughter but now he has one bc he adore my daughter from previous relationship... I guess whatever we get is what we get but I do kinda want a boy in spite of fear lol

Taniam August 22nd, 2013 06:35 AM

For some reason DH and I both feel like our first will be a girl. Right now I just want a baby, boy or girl, I don't care. And more recently I have fallen in love with a boy name and I can't wait to have a son to name him that. I do have favorite girl names but I've selected those a while again. It took me much longer to find a boy's name and I'm all excited about it!

Melissadd August 22nd, 2013 07:38 AM

I just want a healthy baby, but if I could choose I would love a little girl, there are so many cute little outfits for little girls. But that being said I would be just as a happy with a little boy :)

PinkFireFly August 22nd, 2013 07:40 AM

I don't care what we have, I just want another baby lol

dmarie84 August 22nd, 2013 09:18 AM

A healthy baby :) Preference wise, I go back and forth. We have a boy, so a girl would be nice....but I think my son would love a brother. So whichever!

hazeleyes August 22nd, 2013 09:25 AM

We both want a girl but would not mind a little boy either :)

bluewren August 22nd, 2013 09:43 AM

I do like the idea of getting to experience raising both a boy and a girl but I'd still be thrilled by another boy. So either one is fine by me. :)

hopeful_girl55 August 22nd, 2013 11:22 AM

I am hoping for a boy all the way! I mean if it happens to be a girl, I might feel a little disappointment but I won't be sad. I think with this being mine and SO's first we both really just want a boy. I want to see SO taking him fishing and wrestling around together when he is older. And when we add to the family I would love the oldest to be a boy. Idk if its because that's how my family was and I loved having my big brother be older and take care of me when I needed it.
But on the other hand, I could dress the girl in pretty things and do her hair and we could go do girly things.
Honestly I will be happy either way but I would love a boy.

whisperwish August 22nd, 2013 11:28 AM

I am perfectly happy with either a boy or bgirl as long as we have a healthy baby. DH wants a boy. We have two foster daughters so we have a very pink, frilly house lol, think he feels the need for more testosterone!

SassyMama August 22nd, 2013 11:35 AM

DH wants a boy since we already have a girl. I could go either way - I want a boy to have one of each but I'd also like a girl so Siera can have the experience of having a sister since I never had one.

ambitionsofabundance August 22nd, 2013 11:52 AM

I really just want a other baby!! DW wants a boy, and I want a girl because girls are so much easier to shop for. But since she already has 2 girls from a previous relationship, I wouldn't mind either. (We also already have girls names picked out and can't agree on any boy names)

Tiffany8620 August 22nd, 2013 12:40 PM

Having one of each, I can say I love boys and girls both! I don't know what I want for the tie breaker. I would love for either (or both) of my children to have a same sex companion. We do have a lot more trouble with boy names though...so maybe girl just so we don't have to come up with another boy name!

LucasMom11 August 22nd, 2013 01:59 PM

It's funny, when I got pregnant with my son, we were SURE it was a girl; although, deep inside I did know it was a boy! I even had a dream, where I was picking preggy dresses, and when I had to choose between pink and light blue, I chose light blue. And when I was preggers and didn't know, I was way more excited about blue/green/brown/yellow colors, and animal/noah's arch bedding stuff....funny, isn't it? so when we learnt our baby was a 'he' and not a 'she', the only shocked one was my DH! LOL

Now I don't know if I am pregnant (hoping am!!) but my body basically 'aches' for a little girl...I get emotional to see baby girls, and girly clothing....and I'm excited with pink.purple...ahh...I want a girl. But as long as it's a healthy baby, I don't mind! :)

EricaBWhit August 23rd, 2013 10:23 AM

I'm with you on the HEALTHY and FULL TERM! But of course I want a girl and DH wants a boy first. But I think he would be an awesome daddy to a little girl, and not to mention all the big, strong uncles she would have!