JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   What do you do for exercise? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2675028-what-do-you-do-for-exercise.html)

PinkFireFly August 26th, 2013 10:55 PM

What do you do for exercise?

I am looking to get into some type of exercise...

Before I had my DD I was into power walking/jogging and then just stopped once I got pregnant..

Just wondering what are some ideas for exercise or what so you ladies do?

bluewren August 27th, 2013 02:37 AM

Re: What do you do for exercise?

Since January I've been doing a combination of following in-home exercise programs, walking, and yoga. Right now I just started month 2 of Turbo Fire. The schedule does not leave much room for me to do yoga but I still do some of the poses when I feel like I need it.

Gamer_Princess August 27th, 2013 03:51 AM

swimming 3 times a week at the moment :) I love getting up early or going for a late night swim and it really has given me a lot of stress relief because of TTC and MA.

Decemberhill August 27th, 2013 04:17 AM

I love Pilates and Yoga. And it's an easy transition to prenatal classes. I also love how easy it is to do at home when I don't want to go to the gym.

AllyTales August 27th, 2013 04:58 AM

I'm a runner :)

missme90 August 27th, 2013 05:09 AM

PinkFireFly - i normally do cardio im a lil lucky to be honest my OH is a fitness instructor so he helps me with light resistance training and light weights :-) x

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Forum Runner

KMO81 August 27th, 2013 05:10 AM

Kickbox, run, P90X and hot yoga

LivyLove August 27th, 2013 05:15 AM

I am a walker. I do at least a mile, mile and a half every other day and each week I throw in a 2 or 3 mile to shake it up. I also follow WW loosely so I have been steadily but slowly dropping weight.

aStarIsBorn August 27th, 2013 05:38 AM

I am a runner. i try to run 4-5x per week.

left_field August 27th, 2013 06:41 AM

I'm a runner... I am trying to do about 2m 3-4 days a week...after a long break due to asthma etc over winter I am building myself back up to 3 miles+

Wish44 August 27th, 2013 07:12 AM

I try to switch it up so I don't get bored. I run, walk, bike ride, and do yoga. I always feel better after a good sweat!

Diamond2009 August 27th, 2013 07:35 AM

I do cardio and weights at the gym but not as much as I should be. I was also on WW and follow that a bit too

Tiffany8620 August 27th, 2013 04:40 PM

We have an elliptical, so I use that. I also like to go for runs if/when DH gets home early enough from work to watch the kids. I've also done pilates in the past.

I've been slacking lately though. :sneak:

Sassafrass August 27th, 2013 05:10 PM

Im a runner. I run 6-7 times a week. I actually just ran my first half marathon on sunday!

AllyTales August 27th, 2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadySass (Post 27615559)
Im a runner. I run 6-7 times a week. I actually just ran my first half marathon on sunday!

Love all the runners here! Great job on your first half! I'm doing a half in October :)

Mrs.MCH August 28th, 2013 06:58 AM

I'm just go to one of those 24 hour gyms....5 days a week for an hour each day....DH is a personal trainer so I feel bad if I don't lol not bc he makes me feel bad...I guess I should say his perfectioned body inspires me lol annnd makes me feel guilty when I eat junk...lets face it guilt is the right word hete no way to make it pretty...but its something I do to myself bc he truly doesn't care if I ever go to gym.

missme90 August 28th, 2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.MCH (Post 27616554)
I'm just go to one of those 24 hour gyms....5 days a week for an hour each day....DH is a personal trainer so I feel bad if I don't lol not bc he makes me feel bad...I guess I should say his perfectioned body inspires me lol annnd makes me feel guilty when I eat junk...lets face it guilt is the right word hete no way to make it pretty...but its something I do to myself bc he truly doesn't care if I ever go to gym.

i know the feeling!! my OH is also personal trainer and makes me feel a tad guilty when i eat junk haha x OH eats 1/2 doz. times a day plus protein shakes ontop lmao.x

baby dust to all xxx :dust: 8+ months ttc for my lil angel #1 xox

Mrs.MCH August 28th, 2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missme90 (Post 27616658)
i know the feeling!! my OH is also personal trainer and makes me feel a tad guilty when i eat junk haha x OH eats 1/2 doz. times a day plus protein shakes ontop lmao.x

Ahhhhhh yes I know the drill...meat and brown rice...eggs...sweet potatos....but DH has been slipping up a tad bit lately which is kinda nice bc it lets me know he's human lol

missme90 August 28th, 2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.MCH (Post 27616862)

Ahhhhhh yes I know the drill...meat and brown rice...eggs...sweet potatos....but DH has been slipping up a tad bit lately which is kinda nice bc it lets me know he's human lol

rofl iv said to OH that if i see one more egg or chicken im gonna throw it at him rofl xox