JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2679973-clearblue-advanced-digital-ovulation-test.html)

Sarah_K September 19th, 2013 08:02 AM

Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test.

These test are cool.
My period ended the 16-17 and wasn't expecting to already get a peak reading.
Smiley Face= Peak Ferility

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p914i3wcif...2008.59.19.jpg

I say y'all should try these.

Sarah_K September 19th, 2013 08:15 AM

Re: Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test.

:cool::2thumbsup:

This could be the best bday gift for a man(husbands 10/2)(dads 10/1)

Just excited over a simple ovulation test:giggle:

Wish44 September 19th, 2013 08:18 AM

I love the Clearblue digital OPKs. There is no guessing involved. I'm currently trying to hold it for 4 hours so I can use one!

Sarah_K September 19th, 2013 08:23 AM

I wished I thought of this last year.
Forget those calendars, test strips.
I'm going all digital. So worth the money.
Yea for Clearblue!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wish44 (Post 27665744)
I love the Clearblue digital OPKs. There is no guessing involved. I'm currently trying to hold it for 4 hours so I can use one!

I didn't wait 4 hours. I took this test at 8:30. Got up few hours earlier and went to the bathroom and again at 8:30.

Renee360 September 19th, 2013 09:20 AM

I usually love them, but this month my body is being wonky. I get "O" an later I'll test and get the flashing smiley face and then later it goes back to "O". Last night and this morning I'm back to flashing smiley face. I've never had them go back and forth.

Hooray for you though! FX'd you caught that egg!

Sarah_K September 19th, 2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renee360 (Post 27665913)
I usually love them, but this month my body is being wonky. I get "O" an later I'll test and get the flashing smiley face and then later it goes back to "O". Last night and this morning I'm back to flashing smiley face. I've never had them go back and forth.

Hooray for you though! FX'd you caught that egg!

All I can say is DTD every other night even of its flashy smile or not.

Eleanor-Abigail September 19th, 2013 11:26 AM

So you're ovulating on CD 7? I don't follow. I used them once before. You're supposed to get flashing smiley first followed by steady smiley, right? I had similar results as Renee but I also think my body just wasn't cooperating.

I will say this: FULL MOON tonight and it's fall equinox this weekend. Some Chinese folklore says this is a "fertile" full moon, so I say let's all test that theory, eh?

Sarah_K September 19th, 2013 11:33 AM

I don't completely understand the digital ovulation test. Didn't think I would get any smiley face until next week?

Can someone explain this type of test to me. We will still DTD every other day until a few days past ovulation day. I also use test strips just to compare. ????

Copied this from clearblue site. Still don't understand because ovulation comes like a week or more after your period ends. ???!

It is not possible to continue testing once Peak Fertility is displayed. Peak Fertility symbol will show on the day it is first detected and the day after. Therefore it will remain on the display for 48 hours after it is first detected and indicates that you are at your most fertile. You cannot perform another test while there is a result on the display. After Peak Fertility is displayed you must stop testing for this cycle. You can save any remaining test sticks for use in a future cycle if required but you must use the same Holder for a cycle of testing (do not change Holders part way through a cycle of use).

Sarah_K September 19th, 2013 11:40 AM

This explains better. I did use the test after going to the bathroom 2 hrs before. So maybe it detected wrong and went straight to peak.

This product tracks the changes in estrogen and luteinising hormone (LH) throughout the menstrual cycle. If the necessary changes in estrogen are detected the Holder will display High Fertility and if the necessary changes in LH are detected the Holder will display Peak Fertility.

If the hormone changes naturally occur close together it is possible that High Fertility may not be displayed and that the Holder will change from Low Fertility to Peak Fertility without displaying High Fertility. We would like to reassure you that this does not mean that your product is faulty and that you have still detected your two most fertile days to try to conceive.

However if tests are missed or not performed correctly (i.e. mis-sampled, mis-timed or a weak concentration of urine is used) then your High Fertility results can also be affected.

KMO81 September 19th, 2013 03:16 PM

It's my understanding you will get a smiley face during your 2 fertile days and it will flash on the peak of your surge.....have sex that day for sure

Sarah_K September 19th, 2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMO81 (Post 27666788)
It's my understanding you will get a smiley face during your 2 fertile days and it will flash on the peak of your surge.....have sex that day for sure

But don't the 2 fertile days come like a week or so after your period ends and not 2 days after it ends?

PrincessMom08 September 19th, 2013 03:42 PM

Not always. It varies with each person and each month. Try retesting. Are you temping?

KMO81 September 19th, 2013 03:49 PM

Sorry I had the two faces mixed up..the flashing one is first for high fertility before you get your peak fertility with the regular smiley face.......I have ovulated on CD 9 before, so it is possible....

Renee360 September 19th, 2013 04:16 PM

I think it's possible that you can ovulate on CD7, not common, but possible.

Once the smiley stops flashing, the solid will stay on for 3 days and you can't use the reader until 3 days later. But of course by that time your surge will be over so not point in retesting.

I finally got the solid smiley when I tested in the afternoon along with a positive from an IC OPK. I'm back to loving the CBAD OPK. :)

Sarah_K September 19th, 2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessMom08 (Post 27666843)
Not always. It varies with each person and each month. Try retesting. Are you temping?

Yes I'm temping. Started this past Tuesday

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMO81 (Post 27666857)
Sorry I had the two faces mixed up..the flashing one is first for high fertility before you get your peak fertility with the regular smiley face.......I have ovulated on CD 9 before, so it is possible....

Ya flashing then reg. I got reg first for some reason unless it would have been flashing Wednesday and I didn't use the clearblue Wednesday.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renee360 (Post 27666913)
I think it's possible that you can ovulate on CD7, not common, but possible.

Once the smiley stops flashing, the solid will stay on for 3 days and you can't use the reader until 3 days later. But of course by that time your surge will be over so not point in retesting.

I finally got the solid smiley when I tested in the afternoon along with a positive from an IC OPK. I'm back to loving the CBAD OPK. :)

Thanks.
We will just say I'm fertile this week. Try to DTD every other day for couple of weeks.

Dedra September 19th, 2013 05:03 PM

Our Walmart didn't have the advanced digital so I just had to get the digital. I got a smiley yesterday morning then another smiley this morning. I'm thinking that I will o today since I'm having so back pains and my legs are aching. I'm gonna test again in the morning to see if it goes back to the circle with no smiley! Good Luck!!

Sarah_K September 19th, 2013 06:03 PM

@Dedra. I got the advanced on amazon. I order all my test through amazon.

Thanks. Good luck to you as well.

Eleanor-Abigail September 20th, 2013 08:45 AM

Good tip on Amazon. I checked the "family planning" aisle at my local Kroger grocery store the other day. ALL of the OPK's & HPT's were in boxes that you'd have to have the cashier open. I've never seen the tests boxed up like that anywhere else. I found it really off-putting.

Sarah_K September 20th, 2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleanor-Abigail (Post 27668199)
Good tip on Amazon. I checked the "family planning" aisle at my local Kroger grocery store the other day. ALL of the OPK's & HPT's were in boxes that you'd have to have the cashier open. I've never seen the tests boxed up like that anywhere else. I found it really off-putting.

I use to shop at Kroger. Hated that the test were locked up. What if a teen needs one but to imbaressed to ask some one to unlock the cabinet?
The test shouldn't be locked up.

Renee360 September 20th, 2013 08:50 AM

Target and Amazon carry the CBAD OPK's. I do the subscribe and save through Amazon and I save 5% when I shop at Target with my Red Card.

I can't find them at any of my grocery stores around here, not too mention the prices they charge are way too expensive!

I could see how it would feel off putting having to ask someone to unlock the case. It becomes too much of a production.