JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Getting Frustrated!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2680134-getting-frustrated.html)

reavis06 September 19th, 2013 09:02 PM

Getting Frustrated!!

My husband and I are trying to have our second child. I know it can take a while but its stil hurts every time I start my period, we are so ready for another child. 5 months and counting, 5 months and counting, I repeat this to myself every day. We have tried every position that is suppose to help you get pregnant, I have used ovulation test, we have sex almost everyday at leato once a day for almost the whole 5 months, my husband has actually told me he's sick of sex. I have laid there afterard, not moving. Nothing seems to help! It did not take nearly this long to get pregnant with our first and I think that is what bothers me the most. What happened since our first child? What are we doing wrong? Can anyone give me tips on other things we can try? I can't take one more negative test or another period again!

Dedra September 19th, 2013 10:17 PM

Re: Getting Frustrated!!

So sorry you are feeling down. Sounds like you're doing everything right. DH and I don't bd everyday except during ovulation. When I was ttc before my RE told me every other day was plenty. Something about sperm count needs 24 hours to come back up. Maybe another lady can chime in and explain that better. It's normal for it to take a couple 1 year to get pregnant. You will get your bfp!! Keep that head held high and stay with us here through your journey! I haven't been here long myself but these women are great and it does really help to have someone to vent to!! Hope your stay here is short though!!

Decemberhill September 20th, 2013 04:16 AM

I'm sorry, it sounds like y'all are doing everything right. Maybe you should take a month or two off from TTC and just enjoy each other. There have been MANY members on here that have taken some time off of TTC and when they do...that's when they get their BFP. :hug:

BabyX September 20th, 2013 06:18 AM

I'm sorry that you are frustrated. For many of us TTC is a pretty tough road. I can offer a few small tips that could be helpful. I know that a lot of ladies take their Basal Body Temp. to confirm O along w/ OPKs. That might be an extra thing you can try. Another would be to try not to put so much pressure on yourself and DH. I've been on this board for a LONG time and I have seen it happen time and time again when ladies take a break or a step back from TTC they suddenly pop back up on the board w/ a BFP. If you haven't already started: making healthy changes to your diet, having a good exercise routine, and both you and DH taking a multi vitamim can all be extremely helpful.

Wish44 September 20th, 2013 06:26 AM

I'm sorry. I totally understand though. This is only our third cycle and it's so frustrating. I had a major breakdown on Tuesday. My DH is so supportive, but he definitely doesn't worry/stress like I do. After being on the pill for 10+ years, I worry that my body doesn't work.

Anyways, when I get down, I have to remind myself that this is normal, and ultimately, I am not in control. Even doing everything right, you only have a 15-20% chance of getting pregnant each month. It is normal for a healthy couple to take up to a year to conceive. Which, for impatient ladies like myself, sucks! When we decided we wanted a baby, I wanted it right then and there. Waiting is not fun, but it will be sooooo worth it in the end.

Keep your chin up. :hug: