JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   opk vs monitor. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2682148-opk-vs-monitor.html)

wvufan67 September 28th, 2013 06:42 PM

opk vs monitor.

I had a high reading on my fertility monitor this morning but just now got a negative opk...which one should I trust?

Wish44 September 28th, 2013 06:45 PM

Re: opk vs monitor.

A peak on the fertility monitor is the same as a positive OPK. High means you are close to ovulating. Hope this helps!

wvufan67 September 28th, 2013 06:48 PM

Is there a time frame after a high when o should happen?

Dedra September 28th, 2013 08:33 PM

I use to have the monitor and to me, it was a hassle. We would seriously bd for about a week straight because of that stupid thing giving high and peak readings. I would get sore down there!! I never got pregnant using it either :(

wvufan67 September 28th, 2013 08:39 PM

Sorry to hear that. How long did you use it? this is my third cycle using it but only second using it while ttc..i used it one cycle before we started to get it used to my cycle.. I still have to use opks with it...i just hope it works..

Dedra September 28th, 2013 09:52 PM

I used it for about a year. That's about how long I see an RE and he's actually the one that recommended it. Now they have brought out the clearblue advanced tests and to me it's the same thing and cheaper. I didn't use others with mine. I figured being a 200 dollar machine and 50 dollar sticks, it would be reliable..lol..I hope it's right for you and you get your bfp soon!!

wvufan67 September 29th, 2013 08:59 AM

Dang that's awful. Sorry :(..how do you use those and how much?

Dedra September 29th, 2013 09:39 AM

You just use it like a normal digital opk. The smiley face blinks when you're at high and it's solid when you're at peak. My local Walmart (I live in southern wv..we don't have much around) didn't have the advanced so I bought the clear blue digitals (not advanced) and they were around 35. It just gives you a solid smiley around peak. I got a smiley for 3 days in a row and bd all 3 days plus an extra just incase. Someone on here told me they got the advanced off of amazon, but I think the regulars are more simple. Not sure why we need to see a high reading.. As long as I get a peak, I'm satisfied.

Dedra September 29th, 2013 09:46 AM

Oh, it was around 35 for 20 tests. Which says 2 months worth. But with the way I used them I think I have about 5 tests left. This is my first month ttc again so I wanted to know around which day I did O. I thought it was around cd 14 but according to the test it was cd 17.. And I did get cramps, back ache, legs and hips hurt, and I just altogether felt flu-ish. So it was right on! On CD 18 it was negative again!

wvufan67 September 29th, 2013 02:33 PM

Awesome! Hope they work for you! Good luck