JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Dr appt not exactly what I wanted (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2682738-dr-appt-not-exactly-what-i-wanted.html)

Hope2Be13 October 1st, 2013 09:50 AM

Dr appt not exactly what I wanted

So I cried at my dr appt like a big baby. This progesterone makes me crazy...

I just assumed she would increase my clomid to 100 mg this time, but no. She wants me to take this month off and get CD3 blood work again and do a SA. She said they will also draw some lab to check my brain function (my brain may not be signaling my ovaries to O). Well that just made me so upset because I feel like I'm wasting a whole cycle. She said that if I can get this SA in on time and everything checks out, we still may be able to do clomid this cycle. I think she realized how stressed I got haha. She explained to me that even if I don't do clomid this cycle it's not a waste because I'll be taking other steps to finding out what's wrong before wasting another clomid cycle. I just hate this.

meld10 October 1st, 2013 10:03 AM

Re: Dr appt not exactly what I wanted

:dothug: Sorry you are going through this.

The doc is right though, this cycle won't be wasted if it helps you in the long run. That being said, it still sucks that you have to go through all this. Sending you positive thoughts that this brings answers quickly!

Melissadd October 1st, 2013 10:24 AM

I am so sorry you were upset at how your appt went, but it does sound like your Dr does have a plan.
Hopefully you will be able to get some answers very soon.:dothug:

Hope2Be13 October 1st, 2013 10:30 AM

Thank you. I trust her and I know I'm just being impatient, but I'm just discouraged that clomid failed because I had so much hope for myself with it...

hopeful_girl55 October 1st, 2013 10:54 AM

Don't feel discouraged. The tests she is doing will help figure out if there is an underlying reason the clomid didn't work before upping the dosage. Because sometimes a high does can do more damage than help.
I really hope you find some great information from the test and get back on your clomid cycle and get your BFP! :D

LivyLove October 1st, 2013 11:49 AM

Im so sorry! Big hugs!!

wvufan67 October 1st, 2013 11:53 AM

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get your bfp soon. :dothug:

chrysalis1 October 1st, 2013 02:00 PM

Your OB certainly does seem very dedicated! She's working hard. CD3 bloodwork is a good screening tool and I like that she's trying to get at the "root" of the situation. I will say that my dr did bloodwork and some other screening tools and concluded I have "mild pcos". She decided not to do any treatment since it was mild and told me to come back in a year for metformin if I haven't conceived, but I believe the mild pcos definitely contributed to my cycles not regulating. Even though i did get a bfp eventually I still never got regular cycles. If your bloodwork comes back like mine did your OB might find that metformin treatment is more effective than clomid. Anyway I'm just throwing random possibilities out there, I know it sucks that you feel like you are taking a cycle off but you never know when you might ovulate on your own anyway, especially since u used to have regular periods! :dothug:

Hope2Be13 October 1st, 2013 03:02 PM

Thank you for all the support and encouraging advice!

SmilingSam October 1st, 2013 07:36 PM

I generally lurk in the TTC board just to check for updates from you.

I was sorry to read that Clomid cycles 1 and 2 were a bust. :cry:

Regarding the emotions from today's appt, yes the progesterone can make it worse, but I certainly understand how disappointed you were that the clomid wasn't working. I know the ladies on the TTCMA will be very interested in your CD3 bloodwork. It's tough waiting AGAIN when you've waited SO MUCH already.

You're doing a good job. Waiting sucks. Not knowing sucks. Having your body not cooperate sucks. It's the worst when you have a knowledge of what should be going on, but it's like your body is clueless. You and your doctor WILL get to the bottom of this. You will have a baby. And I believe that you are on the SHORT side of the wait now. Really! You've come through the worst. Every test is one step closer to the specific answer that is right for your body. You're doing a fabulous job of enduring a painful wait. :heart:

It's okay to get down. You can always believe that *I* (and the others here) believe that you will conceive soon. :bighug:

Hope2Be13 October 2nd, 2013 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmilingSam (Post 27696201)
I generally lurk in the TTC board just to check for updates from you.

I was sorry to read that Clomid cycles 1 and 2 were a bust. :cry:

Regarding the emotions from today's appt, yes the progesterone can make it worse, but I certainly understand how disappointed you were that the clomid wasn't working. I know the ladies on the TTCMA will be very interested in your CD3 bloodwork. It's tough waiting AGAIN when you've waited SO MUCH already.

You're doing a good job. Waiting sucks. Not knowing sucks. Having your body not cooperate sucks. It's the worst when you have a knowledge of what should be going on, but it's like your body is clueless. You and your doctor WILL get to the bottom of this. You will have a baby. And I believe that you are on the SHORT side of the wait now. Really! You've come through the worst. Every test is one step closer to the specific answer that is right for your body. You're doing a fabulous job of enduring a painful wait. :heart:

It's okay to get down. You can always believe that *I* (and the others here) believe that you will conceive soon. :bighug:

Thank you for this post and for checking up on me. Reading this was so encouraging and made me see a few things in a different light. It helps so much to have people who understand. Thank you again and thank all of you ladies!

Gamer_Princess October 2nd, 2013 12:24 AM

I am so sorry about the doctor's appointment not going the way you wanted. MY GYNO was amazing but my RE really got the ball rolling which changed a lot for us. I do however hate the "rest" cycles like the one I am one... I just wanna get back it again ;) I hope you can get all your stuff in so you can start Clomid this coming up cycle. Good luck and keep us updated :)

Hope2Be13 October 2nd, 2013 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamer_Princess (Post 27696597)
I am so sorry about the doctor's appointment not going the way you wanted. MY GYNO was amazing but my RE really got the ball rolling which changed a lot for us. I do however hate the "rest" cycles like the one I am one... I just wanna get back it again ;) I hope you can get all your stuff in so you can start Clomid this coming up cycle. Good luck and keep us updated :)

Thank you! I will probably start considering a RE if I try 100 mg this cycle and it is unsuccessful. I just don't want to get into those prices if I don't have to, but if it comes to that it will be worth it.

Gamer_Princess October 2nd, 2013 02:46 AM

Yes I totally understand that :)