JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Off topic but need advice.. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2684967-off-topic-but-need-advice.html)

wvufan67 October 10th, 2013 06:52 PM

Off topic but need advice..

My nose is very painful.... its swollen on the nostril and inside on the left side to where I can't breathe out of that side...its also very red on the inside on that side...it hurts if i touch it or bump it..i had a fracture in my nose a year or so ago but i haven't hit it lately..should I make an appointment to see about it or give it a few more days?

Decemberhill October 11th, 2013 05:01 AM

Re: Off topic but need advice..

I would give it a few days. You might be having a reaction to something.

Dedra October 11th, 2013 05:02 AM

I would see my family doctor if I were you but then again, I'm a worry wart!

Danielle80 October 11th, 2013 05:27 AM

Could it be an abscess? I had one quite a few years back that sounds similar to what you are describing but I could feel like a small lump. I had to have antibiotics. Another thing that was a big clue that something was not normal was it throbbed. Prayers that it is nothing and goes away on its own.

meld10 October 11th, 2013 05:33 AM

Put a hot compress on it many times today and see if that helps. Try to take advil or tylenol, well the one that helps with inflammation I don't remember which one is best. Hopefully by tomorrow you will see improvement, if it gets worse I would see a doctor otherwise I would keep on doing the things listed above and see if it gets better in 2 - 3 days.

Wishing your nose is better soon!

susbequer1 October 11th, 2013 07:26 AM

Could it be a zit or something? I've gotten them inside my nose before and they are pretty painful. I think PP has some good suggestions.

wvufan67 October 11th, 2013 09:44 AM

thanks ladies.. i'm not sure what it is but it hurts like a :censored: .. it is awful..i can't lay on that side now or even touch my nose on either side...it sucks :(

Melissadd October 11th, 2013 11:55 AM

Meld10 has some good suggestions and advil will help with the inflammation as well.

wvufan67 October 11th, 2013 01:50 PM

thanks..if it isn't better by Tuesday i'll see a doctor.

Decemberhill October 12th, 2013 04:42 PM

How is it today?

wvufan67 October 12th, 2013 07:00 PM

Very very painful...i sneezed last night and it started bleeding had to hold pressure to it for a few mins to get it to stop even though it was very painful...hurt terrible all night & it's hurting bad today...i've been coughing & sneezing so hopefully it's just bad allergies..thank for asking :)

bella88 October 12th, 2013 07:06 PM

Sounds like it may be worth a doc trip then, maybe it's a bit of a nasty infection. Hope you are feeling better soon!

wvufan67 October 12th, 2013 08:16 PM

I'll definitely try to get in with my doctor monday! thanks