JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   When did you let family and friends no your preggo? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2685418-when-did-you-let-family-and-friends-no-your-preggo.html)

Sarah_K October 12th, 2013 07:20 PM

When did you let family and friends no your preggo?

After positive home test or confirmed by the doc??

Decemberhill October 13th, 2013 08:41 AM

Re: When did you let family and friends no your preggo?

We waited two weeks before we told our immediate family. We won't be telling anyone else until 12 weeks.

Sarah_K October 13th, 2013 08:48 AM

If I just tell mom, the whole family will know within an hour. Mom is a blabber.
We haven't got it confirmed yet. Calling docs this week. This is my first and thought about waiting til thanksgiving. I'm making a pic saying Our family is growing by two feet. Then the pic is my shoes, husbands, babies, dogs feet out in the grass.

susbequer1 October 14th, 2013 05:40 AM

We told just my immediate family right away. I can't remember how long I waited to share with everyone else. It was a while just bc the month before I had a chemical. I remember my dad being a pita about it though. Harassing me to let him tell. Annoying.

LivyLove October 14th, 2013 06:48 AM

I told my mom and immediate family right away....The rest of the world, I waited till I was 10 weeks.

Sarah_K October 14th, 2013 07:31 AM

So hard to wait. Will see if I blab before thanksgiving. If i do I'll just mail the card with the picture. I live 3 1/2 hrs from family.

wifey2josh October 14th, 2013 08:16 AM

With my first I told my mom the minute I found out I was pregnant ( I was 21). I told the rest of the world when I was 8 weeks. This time around we will be telling our parents probably around 6 weeks, then the rest of the world around 10-12 :)

rebeccaf October 14th, 2013 11:21 AM

We tell immediate family around 8 weeks and everyone else after the 12 week mark. With my first we told everyone right away and it ended up being a chemical pregnancy...so now I wait a little longer. It can be really hard!

babygirlbaby October 14th, 2013 11:55 AM

We just told our parents and then a couple really close friends right away. It was FB official after the first u/s at 9 & 10 weeks for my boys. This time I'd like to maybe wait until 20 weeks for FB official. I'm not very good with secrets though...

Libby22 October 14th, 2013 05:35 PM

after 12weeks, I learn from my loss. its hard un telling people. so I like waiting till 12 weeks

WendyBird October 15th, 2013 06:41 PM

I told all our family (parents and sibs) the day I got a +hpt, so at 11dpo. I had a blood test done that day, and they all knew before the confirmation of that test.

Now about 6ish friends know, but everyone else will probably know in about 2-3 weeks.

Belita October 15th, 2013 06:44 PM

With my first pregnancy we told family and close friends immediately, but that ended in an early miscarriage. With DS I told a couple of people I needed for support immediately, but immediate family after the first ultrasound and everyone else around 12 weeks.

LucasMom11 October 16th, 2013 10:04 AM

We told close family right away. I won't tell at work, until my first u/s, which is no Friday 25th :)
Can't wait! :)

Tiffany8620 October 16th, 2013 11:57 AM

We haven't ever told anyone until 12 weeks. Our second pregnancy we debated announcing around 8 weeks to family, but I ended up miscarrying...so I guess it was OK we didn't share. :/

Sarah_K October 16th, 2013 12:00 PM

We are trying get an appointment before week 10. Week 10 is when I'll see family all together.

Knewton October 16th, 2013 02:43 PM

I told friends when I found out. As in my best friends whoa are like sisters. Everyone else finds out at 3 1/2 months... that way the pregnancy goes a lot faster for everyone