JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   when to dtd (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2685517-when-to-dtd.html)

lindk23 October 13th, 2013 11:54 AM

when to dtd

I am jw anyone's opinions on when to dtd for someone who doesn't chart at all? I know I've gotta be most likely ovulating because I get my period every 31-33 days. We tried for 6 months but not very hard. We are really trying now and I have theovacue ffertility monitor but I started it late so I'm not sure how to interpret it yet. Any tips would be great!!! I don't do tempting or anything besides ovacue and I have some opks but they've been negative so far. We have been dtd almost everyday which is easy for us but I want to know when to use the preseed

cavewoman October 13th, 2013 12:18 PM

Re: when to dtd

look for fertile CM. and every day is not necessarily a good idea.. gotta give DHs spermies a chance to build up lol. every other day is plenty during your fertile period.

wvufan67 October 13th, 2013 12:19 PM

Dh & I use it every time we DTD just in case i'm fertile because my cycles are messed up. My OB told me to count 14 days from the first day of my period and then count myself fertile. Maybe you could try that? Good luck!

bella88 October 13th, 2013 03:47 PM

You should try and DTD every other day and you will be covered no matter when you O :). But for a cycle that is 31-33 days long you should try and keep CD 12-23 fairly decently covered if you don't know when you O.

Knewton October 13th, 2013 04:35 PM

I would start doing the dtd about every other or every day start on day 10 of your cycle. When you get EWCM I would really start then... so for those 4 /5 days ( I get ewcm for 5 days) start dtd daily!!! best of luck

lindk23 October 13th, 2013 06:51 PM

I don't check my cm and I used to get a lot when I was o but as soon as we decided to try it dried up on the outside. So we got preseed and this is our first month using it. I am on CD 14 and we've been doing it like 3 days one off and then back at it again. Hopefully I o soon!!!! But thanks for the advice ladies!

wifey2josh October 14th, 2013 09:08 AM

I don't chart, but I do use OPK digitals....this month I got a positive OPK and peak OPK on days 11 and 12. We DTD on days 9, 10, 11, 12, 14. We used pre-seed on days 11 & 12. I would use pre-seed the days that you get a positive OPK, my DH doesn't like it b/c he says it's hard to feel anything as it's too slippery....so maybe adjust the amount you put in. We DTD every day around ovulation just bc we've tried every other day for 6 months and it hasn't worked. I guess that's pretty much all you can do, just try DTD through your whole fertile period. I don't get much EWCM, so I can never go by that.

lindk23 October 14th, 2013 11:13 AM

i dont have digital opks, i bought some of the off brand from walmart but they havent changed in color at all. and i feel ovulation is approaching. but the opks arent changing at all.

Renee360 October 14th, 2013 01:52 PM

How many days now have you been using your monitor? When do you typically ovulate, early middle or late in your cycle? Has you monitor started to give you colors yet? The vaginal sensor goes by your CM, so even though you started using it late it may recognize the change in CM.

Buy some IC OPK's and start using them 2 to 3x a day once they do start showing the line getting slightly darker.

I couldn't stand PreSeed, but if I did use it., CD12 thru CD16. I usually ovulate CD13to15.

Do you have a a screen shot of your monitor?

lindk23 October 14th, 2013 03:59 PM

Yea I'm on CD 15 and have been using my monitor for 7 days. And yes it has given me colors. Today is dark blue and says it's my peak day. I am waiting to see what my v reading gives me tonight. I have had a few days of downward v readings so I'm hoping to see ovulation soon! I've never tracked so I don't normally know for sure when I owe but my cycles are regular and avg 33 days, sometimes the shortest are 31 days. But I feel some o pains around CD 12-17 usually. But I don't track cm or anything either. I'm hoping to o soon.

Renee360 October 14th, 2013 04:06 PM

If you are getting the dark blue squares then definitely use your PreSeed and your monitor. The Dark Blue square could change to Pink (ovulation). Usually I get the light blue for a few days and then medium and 1 day for dark blue. I had 1 cycle when the dark blue square ended up changing to Pink and then a couple days later I got a purple. Everything else was lining up in the day I got the purple box.

Anyhow GL and hope you catch that egg!

lindk23 October 14th, 2013 04:29 PM

I'm confused because I've been putting my info in on the ovagraph site and the experts on there said since I started late in my cycle the colors Mau be a bit off so I need to interpret the raw data. But I feel like ovulation is approaching and that the colors are correct. I had two days of light blue, two median blues and today is dark blue. We used preseed lastnight too. I just hope my monitor is right!!

Belita October 15th, 2013 07:58 PM

Just be careful with that 14 days guideline. Before my son I ovulated on CD 11 so if we waited until CD 14 we would never have gotten pregnant! I'm not sure about the monitor, though. I'd say when in doubt use it!