JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Weird cycle (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2685858-weird-cycle.html)

Hope2Be13 October 14th, 2013 10:24 PM

Weird cycle

As most of you know, my CD3 blood work came back perfect this month! But my period lasted 9 days!! I was still spotting yesterday so decided not to DTD on CD10. Tonight is CD11 and I just remembered I have my annual Pap smear Wednesday morning and you are suppose to abstain from sex for 48 hours--- so there's 2 more days wasted for a grand total of 12 days since BDing. My poor hubby...

Anyways, I'm hoping that I will ovulate this month since my hormones seem to be leveled out. Hopefully if I O if won't be any of these days that we are having to abstain!

I just think it's weird that I had such a long period and I didn't even ovulate last month. I felt like it would never end!

bella88 October 15th, 2013 02:09 AM

Re: Weird cycle

Two days sounds a bit much, that sucks! I have only had to wait a day. Hope you can get a chance to start BDing soon, if even just for funsies!

babygirlbaby October 15th, 2013 06:20 AM

Change your appt??? That's what I would do!

85monika October 15th, 2013 08:05 AM

@babygirl - did you take the picture yourself? It's really great!

Hope2Be13 October 15th, 2013 09:54 AM

Well I read that 48 hours is recommended to prevent abnormal results and I would hate to have to repeat this appointment. I'd rather do it once and be done for a year haha! I was going to change my appointment, but I don't think I'm close to Oing yet. My OPKs barely have a line on them right now. I think we will be able to BD in plenty of time, if I even O at all. The one time I did get a + OPK was on CD16-17 of a cycle.

wvufan67 October 15th, 2013 11:18 AM

I hope O holds out until after your pap smear :fingerscrossed: :dust:

babygirlbaby October 15th, 2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 85monika (Post 27728668)
@babygirl - did you take the picture yourself? It's really great!

Yes, I did! Thank you :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hope2Be13 (Post 27728987)
Well I read that 48 hours is recommended to prevent abnormal results and I would hate to have to repeat this appointment. I'd rather do it once and be done for a year haha! I was going to change my appointment, but I don't think I'm close to Oing yet. My OPKs barely have a line on them right now. I think we will be able to BD in plenty of time, if I even O at all. The one time I did get a + OPK was on CD16-17 of a cycle.

Right. I hate getting paps, might as well get it over with :)