JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   depressing... A baby girl again?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2686380-depressing-baby-girl-again.html)

Janice_Ta October 16th, 2013 08:51 PM

depressing... A baby girl again??

I have 2 girls now, we are so blessed of having both of them. So for the coming pregnancy, me and my husband have been aiming for a baby boy which stressed us out in the whole year. I have done a lot of preparation to get a baby boy. I started to take spirulina which i heard that it can help change my body PH to more alkaline since Dec 2012 which sperm Y like alkaline environment. On 5/10/13, I got nipple pain, feel slight pain like period pain which I thought it could be my ovulation, and my cervix mucus is very wet and slippery to the peak on that day. Then we intercoursed on 6/10/13, 1.30am which was our first intercourse after my period. But according to my BBT chart, my ovulation date is on 7/10/13. Im wondering that I might get a baby girl again this time, because if the BBT chart is correct, we were too early to intercourse which caused the Sperm Y can't live longer and wait for the egg to release. Im so depressing now. Can anyone of you tell me, am I too early to intercourse? am I getting a baby girl again??

WendyBird October 17th, 2013 12:18 AM

Re: depressing... A baby girl again??

I had 3 boys, and tried all kinds of things to get a girl. In all my research, I learned that the concept of boy sperm swimming fast and dying early is not true. What was seen under the microscope was just mature and immature sperm. Mature sperm (the supposed boy sperm) had a rounder head and died more quickly. Immature sperm (the supposed girl sperm) had a pointer head and lived longer. But the boy sperm was actually sperm that had already lost it's penetrating head, and was about to die.

Anyway, all that to say that I don't believe for a minute that timing has ANYTHING to do with getting a girl vs a boy. I do believe that the alkalinity does effect things. So, with you working on changing that, I think your chances are good. If you got pregnant, I wish you the best!!

Janice_Ta October 17th, 2013 01:21 AM

Wendy bird. Thanks for your encouragement! By the way, you have had 3 boys, because you have been eating a lot more alkaline food? But never related to intercourse when approaching ovulation matter?

meld10 October 17th, 2013 03:25 AM

Many studies busted the idea that having sex on the day of ovulation produces boys. In fact, some studies proved just the opposite with 90% of babies from sex on ovulation day being girls and only 21% being girls from sex before ovulation day. Another one had results of 53% of people having girls on the day of ovulation compared to only 43% having girls when they had sex more days before ovulation.

All in all according to the writer of ''The impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant'' (she is a psychology researcher and she read as much as she could on this subject and collected data from various studies) the conclusion is that if you combine all the data, it's practically an even split although you can probably shift the odds, at most, to about 60%, which isn't much.

Decemberhill October 17th, 2013 05:02 AM

I would refer this question to the Gender Swaying Board. Here is the link.

Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender - JustMommies Message Boards

I don't think this is the right board for you to be stating you would be depressed about having another girl. Many ladies here would give anything to have a baby, boy or girl.

dlammers October 17th, 2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decemberhill (Post 27736447)

I don't think this is the right board for you to be stating you would be depressed about having another girl. Many ladies here would give anything to have a baby, boy or girl.

I have to agree...there are so many ladies that have been trying for years with no luck. I have only been trying for a year and a half and your question upset me a little. Any who - I hope you get your bfp and you are happy with the results. Good Luck!

WaitinginNJ October 17th, 2013 08:16 AM

Be happy that you are in fact pregnant with a healthy baby, regardless of the sex, be happy that you were blessed with an addition.

Janice_Ta October 17th, 2013 08:49 AM

I'm so sorry for making everyone uneasy here. I'm new to join this page, thanks for your guide. I'm too desperate from having baby boy is because the pressure from outsiders as I'm married to a very tradition business family. I know I shouldn't express my real feelings here, but somehow I rather write to express than tell.
I'm telling myself everything arranged by God, God knows it, God will arrange the best for me. ��

WendyBird October 17th, 2013 12:50 PM

Be nice, girls. There is nothing wrong with feeling depressed because of the gender of the child you got. Those feelings are just as real as feeling depressed because you aren't getting pregnant. Believe me, I know. I cried so hard when I found out baby #3 was another boy. Yes, I got past it and I love him to death, but that doesn't change the feelings. I was thrilled when baby #4 was a girl. Those feelings, too, are real. We all have feelings, and we're best to not project our fears and sadness to others.

Janice, I really know what kind of diet I had when I had the first two boys, I wasn't really paying that much attention. And by the time I got pregnant with #3, I was just trying to get pregnant, not sway, so I stopped trying all the different stuff.

rachoochoo2 October 17th, 2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Decemberhill (Post 27736447)
I would refer this question to the Gender Swaying Board. Here is the link.

Trying to Conceive a Specific Gender - JustMommies Message Boards

Agreed. As a mother of two girls already and as a mother that had to STC my first and currently STC #3 I would be happy with whatever I got.

Libby22 October 17th, 2013 07:42 PM

I have more of a chance or a boy cos the father has 3 boys