JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Spotting 12 days before AF? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2686957-spotting-12-days-before-af.html)

Tiffany8620 October 19th, 2013 01:46 PM

Spotting 12 days before AF?

Help! I'm confused. Got home from the zoo, went pee and I wipe to find pink/orange CM with a tiny bit of bright red blood. My period isn't due until around Halloween. I'm not on any type of BC. We've been DTD a lot this past week because I was thinking I would be ovulating around this time, but we didn't yesterday or today. If I was pregnant, wouldn't it be too soon for implantation bleeding? :confused:

What can cause spotting 1.5 weeks before your period?

Danielle.W October 19th, 2013 01:48 PM

Re: Spotting 12 days before AF?

can you maybe be ovulating right now? I've heard of some women spotting with ovulation. Or perhaps you ovulated early this month, and this is implantation bleeding for you?

Tiffany8620 October 19th, 2013 01:54 PM

So strange. I've never had this happen before. I felt crampy a couple days ago, on the 16th I think, and thought that was ovulation so made sure to DTD then. Guess maybe we'll have to do it tonight too! I feel like my cycles are continually changing since my last baby and with nursing.

rusticbythesea01 October 19th, 2013 04:59 PM

I had the same thing happen to me this cycle and I NEVER spot! Mine was around CD 12, just pink when I wipe, then gone! You just may have ovulated real early this cycle and its implantation bleeding, that's the only thing I can think of. Dtd and I guess just wait and see what happens! Keep us posted!!

Tiffany8620 October 19th, 2013 05:10 PM

If it was spotting with ovulation would I get a positive OPK right now then also?

momopotamus October 19th, 2013 05:46 PM

Sounds like possible ovulation spotting. You might not necessarily get a + OPK right now, because spotting can happen before, during or after O..if yours is happening right AFTER the egg was released, then your OPK would likely be negative.

Tiffany8620 October 19th, 2013 06:01 PM

Thanks for the replies, ladies. :) I guess we'll DTD tonight just to make sure we've got everything covered. I remember now I had spotting mid-cycle a couple months ago, but I didn't think much of it. It was a tiny, tiny bit after DTD. I thought maybe it was related to that. I don't think I even noted it on my period tracker. So maybe it is ovulation spotting.

YellieBean October 19th, 2013 06:04 PM

I totally agree. Sounds like ovulation spotting to me due to the timing!