JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Pineapple core (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2687853-pineapple-core.html)

katinagj October 23rd, 2013 05:23 PM

Pineapple core

Has anyone else tried the pineapple core after ovulation trick? Or did you this month? Just curious..

I did it this month. I've only done it once or twice before and it was before I got pregnant with my son. I'm 13 dpo... longest LP lve had in 4 years(not counting months I was pregnant or used progesterone supplements). Took a test last night and BFN but waiting to see if the witch shows tomorrow and Ill be testing again. Maybe it worked? I can dream right??

Decemberhill October 23rd, 2013 05:50 PM

Re: Pineapple core

I have never heard of this...what does it do?

katinagj October 23rd, 2013 06:12 PM

Pineapple core has a lot of bromelain in it and it is supposed to help the egg stick. You cut the core out of a pineapple and cut it into 5 pieces. you eat 1 piece each day for 5 days(1-5dpo, though I know some people have had success with starting at 2 or 3 dpo). You dont eat the actual pineapple, or at least not too much of it because it can cause acidic cm. (Let your husband eat the extra pineapple or freeze it for smoothies later). I honestly dont know for sure how well it works, but I know of quite a few women among different online forums who had success with it, so I figured what do I have to lose.

meld10 October 23rd, 2013 06:15 PM

I tried last cycle but got a BFN. However I did get the flu on the day of ovulation and we didn't bd that day (and the following week lol poor BF) so I know the BFN probably had nothing to do with the pineapple core lol. I probably won't do it this time though just to see what happens.

It's suppose to help with implantation but I've also read contradictory info online (like that it thins the lining) but who knows! I don't think there are many clinical studies on the effect of pineapple to help implantation, maybe it does really help and there just isn't enough stats to back it.

katinagj October 23rd, 2013 06:35 PM

The core helps. The pineapple itself can thin the lining because it is so acidic it basically has the opposite affect. That's why they recommend just doing the core alone. But yeah it makes finding info confusing. Most things that seem to work these days though dont have a whole lot of testing done on them. It's because only companies that will make a profit off of it are going to pay for the testing to happen. I'm thinking Dole should jump in on this one, lol.

rusticbythesea01 October 23rd, 2013 08:17 PM

Huh, interesting! I've never heard of that! I would try it next cycle if I don't get a bfp on this one!

meld10 October 24th, 2013 03:26 AM

Seriously what is Dole waiting for!!! :lol: ;)