JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Questions for my dr appt! Help please! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2688221-questions-for-my-dr-appt-help-please.html)

babygirlbaby October 25th, 2013 08:32 AM

Questions for my dr appt! Help please!

I finally broke down and made an appt with my OB. We've been trying for 9 cycles and I'm currently on #10. She had said if we hit 6 months I could come in a see her, but I kept thinking it would happen the next month. Anyway, I'm wondering what tests I should ask her to run? I know she knows, but I'm worried she might dismiss something and we don't figure out what's wrong. We want to get DH a sperm analysis for sure and I've already had my thyroid checked and prolactin. What are the tests they would typically run? I guess I'm worried because I do get a pretty regular af, so I don't want her to just make us keep trying without running tests.

Sorry for rambling and TIA for responses :D

mamaquiltthief October 25th, 2013 08:38 AM

Re: Questions for my dr appt! Help please!

Maybe a scan to check for polycycstic ovarys and an xray to check fallopian tubes are open?

meld10 October 25th, 2013 09:04 AM

Good luck with the appointment! Have you charted in the last months?
If so, you could bring your charts print out with you to show them to her.

hopeful_girl55 October 25th, 2013 09:26 AM

I am going to my early soon and I plan on bringing it up to her.
I hope we both get some answers! :)

babygirlbaby October 25th, 2013 10:43 AM

Thanks ladies! I tried to chart the first couple months, but my temps were all over the place. I'm not sure if it was because I truly wasn't ovulating or if my temps were off from not taking them at the same time- my kids get up between 5-7am and sometimes the little one ends up in bed with us early in the morning.

I guess I'm just going to have to be very firm that I want testing done to see if I'm ovulating or not.

Faith=2xBlessed October 25th, 2013 03:40 PM

Ask for an hcg test ..all the blood tests they normally do when testing for fertility..and they could do a uterine sample..that's what i had done then got on clomid and then BAM bfp :) good luck fxed girl :D

bella88 October 25th, 2013 04:00 PM

CD3 bloodwork and progesterone draw in the luteal phase at 7dpo is a good place to start

MelNYC October 25th, 2013 04:22 PM

*lurking* - when we were not conceiving with our first my doctor sent me in for an HSG. Basically they inject a dye (vaginally) into your uterus & under x-Ray they check to see that the dye flows freely into your Fallopian tubes showing whether there is a blockage. The great benefit of this test is that even if there isn't a blockage the dye has been known to "clear the cobwebs" and really open the way in the old f-tubes. There are many TTC success stories in the month or so following an hsg. Including mine! We got pregnant with my son that very cycle.

Good luck to you.