JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Any clomid users? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2693127-any-clomid-users.html)

Sassafrass November 18th, 2013 12:11 PM

Any clomid users?

I've just been to my dr and he has put me on 50mg of clomid days 5-9.

Any other clomid users?

tucker12 November 18th, 2013 12:33 PM

Re: Any clomid users?

Yes. Been on it for 4 months. Feel free to ask me anything you'd like :)

mamaquiltthief November 18th, 2013 01:40 PM

I should be starting it in December :). Tucker how have your moods been whilst on it? And have you put on much weight from it? :) Thanks

Danielle.W November 18th, 2013 01:50 PM

I'm excited for you!

Renee360 November 18th, 2013 02:35 PM

I did 3 cycles on it but now on my 1st cycle of Femara.

I didn't think the Clomid was all that bad. I was scared before I took it from reading some of the horror stories. Take it at night and you'll experience less side effects.

I had never heard of weight gain while taking Clomid, very interesting.

KMO81 November 18th, 2013 04:01 PM

I'm on my third month of climid....second child I have tried to conceive with it...I don't think it's too bad....

aarafko November 19th, 2013 09:23 AM

I'm on it. I conceived Ella while on Clomid. I never had the side effects that I read about. :) Hope it goes well for you and you get that BFP.

Lucy S. November 19th, 2013 10:35 PM

I have been on it many many cycles TTC and #1 was a clomid baby :)
Honestly clomid is known to have the most s/e it seems. Different times in my life I reacted differently. 50mg generally didn't bother me too much.
Make sure you watch that it doesn't thin your lining or give you hostile CM <- I prefer Femara because it doesn't do that and has less s/e.

Good luck to you!!

SmilingSam November 20th, 2013 03:43 AM

The baby I'm carrying was a clomid baby. My doctor prescribed it when I wasn't ovulating. It worked first try for me. Will you be using ovulation strips in combination with it? I suggest that because you may not ovulate on days 10-14 like you're supposed to. I didn't ovulate until CD 19/20. Good luck to you! I had more side effects from progesterone to start my periods to end a cycle than I had from Clomid.

tucker12 November 20th, 2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaquiltthief (Post 27806280)
I should be starting it in December :). Tucker how have your moods been whilst on it? And have you put on much weight from it? :) Thanks

So sorry for the delayed resonse!! I haven't noticed any mood swings (but ask my DH and he might have a different answer!! lol) But I did have night sickness the first 2 months I was on clomid. I was have nausea and just stomach pains. Also, on my 2nd round of clomid I ovulated for the first time. I've ovulated the last 3 times as well. But my first time ovulating on clomid I had severe ovulation pains. Or atleast what I would considered severe. But since that first month my ovulation pains have been normal.

I'm acutally going on my 6th round of clomid next month (assuming AF comes)... so I'm hoping it works soon!!! Everywhere I read suggests 6 months of use but my Dr. said she will keep me on it for a maximum of 12 months because all other tests show that I am ovulating and it's not affecting me in any other ways.

Catchastar101 November 20th, 2013 04:51 PM

I'm going to start Clomid for the first time in December... I'm excited but still anxious about it.

KMO81 November 21st, 2013 04:51 AM

LadySass- I have two days left taking it this cycle….did you start it already? I am taking 100mg in the morning, haven't had any side affects :)

Sassafrass November 21st, 2013 07:25 AM

Today will be day 4 of clomid. Im taking it before bed. Taking 50mg and haven't noticed any side effects.