JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   soy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2697191-soy.html)

momopotamus December 9th, 2013 04:43 PM

soy

So I decided to wing it and consider the light bleeding days I had after provera a period. We'll see if I screw myself up. But I'm on my 2nd day of taking soy, hoping this goes well, I'm trying days 3-7. Anyone else tried it? Past or present?

Danielle.W December 9th, 2013 05:05 PM

Re: soy

I did it the cycle before this one! I ovulated on CD 19, I'm not even sure if I would have ovulated that cycle. I know LOTS of people that get pregnant on it!

If this isn't my cycle I'm going to do it next cycle :) :)

electriclids December 9th, 2013 07:05 PM

Can someone fill me in on the soy? I haven't heard of this...

LaughALittle December 9th, 2013 09:09 PM

I too am very interested in soy. I'm on cd 35 ! No BFPs wth. Off to google soy (until someone replies lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

rusticbythesea01 December 10th, 2013 02:31 AM

I would like to know the benefits too! Good luck momopatamus! This might just do the trick!

momopotamus December 10th, 2013 04:58 AM

In a nutshell, soy isoflavones are supposed to act like "nature's clomid." They basically trick your body into producing more estrogen and induce ovulation in women who are not ovulating, or produce a stronger ovulation in women who do ovulate (though most sites don't condone taking it of you already O on your own, for fear that it could mess that up. You take it like clomid, for 5 days in the beginning of your cycle. Its been said that taking it early, like days 1-5 or 2-6 will produce MORE follicles, so some women use it to TTC twins. Taking it later like CD 5-9 will produce a more mature, better quality egg. Don't start soy after CD 5 though. If you Google search it, like soy isoflavones and TTC, it will bring up tons and tons of success stories and info about it. Its not for everyone but I figured it was worth a shot for me :)

Melissadd December 10th, 2013 07:00 AM

I will share my experience with soy. I took soy cd 3-7 a few months back and it really messed up my cycle, and I also had taking clomid last Feb and it also messed up my cycle, but that is just my personal experience with it. I know a few ladies on this board that have got their :bfp:while using soy some get their bfo the first month and others it takes a few months of getting the right dose that is needed for you.

Sassafrass December 10th, 2013 07:47 AM

I've taken it before. And have had a couple pregnancies taking it. I took 300mg days 3-7.

electriclids December 10th, 2013 08:39 AM

Good to know! Well good luck!!! Hope it helps :)