JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   SO frustrated!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2704738-so-frustrated.html)

HopingForLittleFeet January 22nd, 2014 10:56 PM

SO frustrated!!

I am lost. I am never late, like EVER. AF was due today, no sign of her. No cramps, no bloating, nothing. I had to go to Urgent Care today because I have the flu and pneumonia, and they did a urine pregnancy test because I had to have a chest x-ray. It was obviously negative. My boobs hurt, and my gums were bleeding like crazy when I flossed tonight. WHAT is going on?? Why on EARTH isn't AF here if I'm not pregnant?? I have literally never been late, my cycles are so regular. And now I keep having to remind myself that pregnancy is impossible, even though AF is now late and I'm having a couple symptoms.

I am clearly crazy

JennyForrest January 22nd, 2014 10:59 PM

Re: SO frustrated!!

Are you temping? Also being sick can mess with your cycle.

HopingForLittleFeet January 22nd, 2014 11:03 PM

No, I was waiting for AF to start to start temping, just seemed best. So I haven't started temping yet.

So I could be late because of being sick?

JennyForrest January 22nd, 2014 11:06 PM

Yes very much so. Having the flu and pneumonia is very hard on your body. It can halt your cycle. This has happen to me more then once. Any major change to your body messes with your hormones. Stress is a big one too. If I'm under a lot of stress I ovulate late. Are you feeling better? I hope the doctors gave you something to help you get a good nights rest.

HopingForLittleFeet January 22nd, 2014 11:10 PM

I didn't go in until day 4 of a high fever and all, so I'm still feeling pretty bad. But they've got me on a strong antibiotic, cough syrup with codeine, and an inhaler. So hoping I feel better soon.

That must be it. That definitely helps me not feel so crazy

SassyMama January 22nd, 2014 11:15 PM

This happened to me. Almost three weeks late with no sign of AF. I think it was all the stress from TTC and freaking out over every little twinge. It showed up randomly on its own.

JennyForrest January 22nd, 2014 11:16 PM

We're all a little crazy. :shhh: It may take a few day's for AF to show especially with all the medication you're on. Just be prepared because it could start with out warning. All those medications could mask normal AF signs. I would wear a light panty liner for the next few days. Hope you're feeling better soon. :hug: Something must be going around because I had a horrible migraine for 3 days that caused me to vomit. Unfortunately, I had to take some heavy duty medication to sop it. I was worried it would cause delayed ovulation (looks like it did for a day or two). So what I did was try to stay as relaxed as possible, drink lots of fluid, and get as much sleep as I could. Been sick sucks.

HopingForLittleFeet January 23rd, 2014 01:54 AM

Yeah, it's been bad. I haven't even been able to get out of bed because one of the lovely things that come with flu and pneumonia is a nasty headache caused by the fever. Apparently it's a symptom of both flu and pneumonia. So I've had a headache that makes it hurt just to look around for days. Plus of course the lovely fever, chills and aches.

I definitely can't wait to get over this nastiness. I can't remember the last time I was so sick

KellJoO January 23rd, 2014 06:00 AM

Oh my goodness, I'm sorry you are so under the weather!

For sure being sick can throw off your cycle. I've had this happen a few times.

I had influenza a couple of weeks ago and that was enough to knock me out of commission for 4 days, let alone having pneumonia on top of it. Rest up and I hope you feel better soon!

HopingForLittleFeet January 23rd, 2014 01:42 PM

I am already feeling a bit better today, now that I took my first dose of antibiotics last night. I just worry that this is going to cause me to already be out for this cycle