JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   TTC Weight loss thread?.... Update post #20 (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2708859-ttc-weight-loss-thread-update-post-20-a.html)

socialworkmom2be February 18th, 2014 07:03 PM

TTC Weight loss thread?.... Update post #20

Are any of you ladies interested in starting a TTC weight loss challenge with me? Since I've started my job I've gained 20 pounds and would like to shed it, and losing weight makes for a healthier TTC and a cuter baby bump (IMO) ;)

Maybe we can weigh in every Monday and spend the res of the week posting recipes and cheering each other on?

I'm going to weigh myself in the morning to get started, anyone else is free to join me :D

Rainbow Momma February 18th, 2014 07:10 PM

Re: TTC Weight loss thread?

ive been trying to lose weight for the past few months now! so ill join!!

momopotamus February 18th, 2014 07:22 PM

I'm in!! I need motivation somebody to hold my big butt accountable for something each week lol :lol:

Ashleyrenee February 18th, 2014 07:54 PM

I would love to do this!!!

ZaydensMomma February 18th, 2014 10:05 PM

Me me me!!!!!!

amandabanana February 19th, 2014 03:28 AM

I'd love to join you all as well! I have quite a bit to lose and I really need some motivation!

socialworkmom2be February 19th, 2014 04:19 AM

Hooray :)

brandis February 19th, 2014 04:24 AM

I'm working on weight loss as well :)

rusticbythesea01 February 19th, 2014 05:24 AM

Yesss!!! Count me in!! I've been trying to run my a** off on the treadmill since 2 days after I started mc'ing. I really want to lose 15 lbs, like now!

socialworkmom2be February 19th, 2014 05:28 AM

I just weighed in... 143.4 as of 2/19/14. I feel like I got hit by a bus so I won't be working out until I'm no longer sick, but I am eating a paleo diet :)

MusicFanatic79 February 19th, 2014 05:46 AM

I just need to lose like 5 pounds, I gained over the holidays and haven't taken off. But I need motivators to kick my butt to move. I exercise when I teach my classes, but really need to do more in between.

You all can totally do it!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

aStarIsBorn February 19th, 2014 05:52 AM

i need to lose like 5-10 pounds i gained this winter too. Ill join! are we going to have like weekly threads maybe?

socialworkmom2be February 19th, 2014 06:21 AM

We can, or I can update everyone on the original post with their weeks results.

Hope2Be13 February 19th, 2014 06:44 AM

I'm not trying to lose any weight, but I'm trying to cut back on a few things and eat a lot healthier (I'm a fast food junkie!). I'll cheer y'all on and maybe use this to help me make better meal choices.

KellJoO February 19th, 2014 07:59 AM

I'll join.

I need to lose about 40 lbs. Ugh... getting started is the hardest part for me. But once I get going, I LOVE to run! Just getting to the point where its not going to kill me is the hard part LOL

EvaJane67 February 19th, 2014 09:55 AM

I'll join! Both DH and I have been working out and eating healthier in the past month. He's lost 10 lbs (yay!) using a FitBit, and I'd like to lose 7 lbs and gain muscle mass. I've started a fitness program at my local gym, and need more motivation to stay away from the sweets, especially at night! :)

Great idea, thanks!

SassyMama February 19th, 2014 10:22 AM

I'm in. I'm down 13 lbs since starting my healthier lifestyle. I've cut out so many foods just to start :)

momie2b9-20-11 February 19th, 2014 01:53 PM

I need to loose about 40 lbs. I did really good last Summer and lost but then gained it back when my body went hormone crazy and many trips to the OB. Are there any exercises to avoid during the waiting period or once get pregnant? I just wish you could loose weight (without being sick) during pregnancy - or can you? I gained 50 lbs with my daughter and only lost about 10lbs of that (I gained while breastfeeding instead of loosing). I'm worried that if I get pregnant and gain another 50 lbs that my small 5'1" frame won't be able to hold it all - LOL!! Not to mention I'd be over 200 lbs which I do not want to do!!

I started out at around 135 when pregnant with first daughter and am now still 175 over 2 years PP :(

EvaJane67 February 19th, 2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momie2b9-20-11 (Post 27964345)
I need to loose about 40 lbs. I did really good last Summer and lost but then gained it back when my body went hormone crazy and many trips to the OB. Are there any exercises to avoid during the waiting period or once get pregnant? I just wish you could loose weight (without being sick) during pregnancy - or can you? I gained 50 lbs with my daughter and only lost about 10lbs of that (I gained while breastfeeding instead of loosing). I'm worried that if I get pregnant and gain another 50 lbs that my small 5'1" frame won't be able to hold it all - LOL!! Not to mention I'd be over 200 lbs which I do not want to do!!

I started out at around 135 when pregnant with first daughter and am now still 175 over 2 years PP :(

I think it depends from person to person, but I think most lower-impact exercise would be fine...walking, elliptical, certain weightlifting, exercise bike. After the first trimester, I would avoid exercises on your back, or deep lunges and heavy lifting, but I think most things are fine unless you are high risk. I think it definitely helps me relax too. I like to get on the exercise bike and watch Netflix or read; helps pass the time.

socialworkmom2be February 22nd, 2014 05:43 PM

Planning for week 1:

Ladies, we all know how important planning when TTC is, and that is true for weight loss also.

What is your plan for week one (start Monday)? How will you ensure you meet your goal?

What is your starting weight? What is your weight loss or fitness goal for this week ?

I'm starting out at 143 and my goal is to drink at least 64 oz of water per day. My plan for success is to plan my meals and make them ahead of time, also going to carry my water bottle around everywhere!

Post it, girls!