JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Question ladies:) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2711395-question-ladies.html)

mummy134 March 7th, 2014 02:08 AM

Question ladies:)

Hope you are all well:) I'm probably getting way ahead of myself here as I have yet to get a BFP...but when you do will you be having a "normal" vaginal delivery or c-section? Has anyone had more than 3 as yet? I have had 3 and have been reading up on "possible" risks associated and I do remember dr being very negative about having more than 3 , but I read about so many ladies having very "uneventful" 4th and 5th c-sections...thoughts please ladies:)

aStarIsBorn March 7th, 2014 06:38 AM

Re: Question ladies:)

ill be having another c-section, but it will be my second. what would the doctor suggest instead?

brandis March 7th, 2014 06:48 AM

I've had two vaginal births myself, but I do know women who have had multiple c-sections. I think the risks are to do with scar tissue and the possibility of ruptures because of having so many surgeries there. But like I said, I know of women who have had more than 5 even and been okay.

mummy134 March 7th, 2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aStarIsBorn (Post 27989665)
ill be having another c-section, but it will be my second. what would the doctor suggest instead?

That's the thing there are no alternatives, I wouldn't be able to deliver any other way. He would want be to have been sterilized at last delivery.

mummy134 March 7th, 2014 09:51 AM

Any ladies had more than 3 c-sections yet?

WaitinginNJ March 7th, 2014 10:32 AM

I would think that the woman that is big on tv, 19 and counting at some point has had c section or 2 or 3 or 4....but I do agree with brandis, it has to do with the scar tissue etc.

SassyMama March 7th, 2014 10:33 AM

My cousin had three but I don't think she'll be having any more kids (2 girls and 1 boy, she's done). Sorry for not being any help :(

Rainbow Momma March 7th, 2014 10:42 AM

ya ive only had a vaginal birth so im not too sure about this but i would have to agree with the other ladies that he may be concernced about scar tissue. but like you said, there are no alternatives but i would think you'd be fine

Hope2Be13 March 7th, 2014 10:56 AM

My sister just had her 4th c section. It was very uneventful. No problems!

mummy134 March 7th, 2014 11:31 AM

Thx ladies appreciate the feedback:), it does have to with scar tissue but no way of telling how you have healed internally. Best I could do is take good care of myself and prepare my body as much as I can.

momie2b9-20-11 March 7th, 2014 04:07 PM

I only had a vaginal birth. I think you'll do fine - especially if you take care of your body. Good luck - hope things go well.

Libby22 March 7th, 2014 05:08 PM

I am unsure, my last birth was vag and the placenta broke in half had to get d and c,