JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Luteal Phase Issues/ New Here (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/2726773-luteal-phase-issues-new-here.html)

babygirl21586 July 20th, 2014 02:11 PM

Luteal Phase Issues/ New Here

I normally have an average of a 25 day cycle with an average 12 day luteal phase, which is already on the "short" side. Anyways, we BD like crazy during my fertile window, and I'm now 9 dpo (used opks) and "spotting" a light flow, but it's ranging from red to reddish brown to brown and yesterday I had two wipes of pink.

I really am frustrated. We are TTC #4. 4 pregnancies, 3 babies, 1 early m/c last month that really crushed me, but the doc ok'd us to try again right away. I'm wondering if anyone else has had luteal phases shorten on them as they get older? I'm only 28 so I am a little confused.

Oh, and FWIW, I am already taking Vitamin B6, Prenatals, and a B complex as I've heard that can help lengthen the luteal phase. It's been shorter since my last baby. I've had a lot of cycles where I bleed for 10 days, and then no bleeding for 10 days, then back to bleeding for 10 days... :(

jennhunter000 July 20th, 2014 05:00 PM

Re: Luteal Phase Issues/ New Here

Could be implantation? I am having this same thing going on but I am not sure because my AF is a week late but according to the ovulation test strips I got a positive O about a week ago so I could be 7dpo, who knows!!! Keep an eye on it and if it stops take HPT in a few days :)

gemipisces July 20th, 2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babygirl21586 (Post 28147561)
I normally have an average of a 25 day cycle with an average 12 day luteal phase, which is already on the "short" side. Anyways, we BD like crazy during my fertile window, and I'm now 9 dpo (used opks) and "spotting" a light flow, but it's ranging from red to reddish brown to brown and yesterday I had two wipes of pink.

I really am frustrated. We are TTC #4. 4 pregnancies, 3 babies, 1 early m/c last month that really crushed me, but the doc ok'd us to try again right away. I'm wondering if anyone else has had luteal phases shorten on them as they get older? I'm only 28 so I am a little confused.

Oh, and FWIW, I am already taking Vitamin B6, Prenatals, and a B complex as I've heard that can help lengthen the luteal phase. It's been shorter since my last baby. I've had a lot of cycles where I bleed for 10 days, and then no bleeding for 10 days, then back to bleeding for 10 days... :(

My luteal phase shortened for a few months after ds3. I would ovulate and then start AF about 2-3 days later. I would literally have two periods a month. The only thing that straightened me out was progesterone and later on I added clomid.

ctymom July 20th, 2014 06:22 PM

12 is still within normal range. Anything under that then it's considered short. Mine averages at 13 but has ranged from 12-16. Hopefully the spotting is implantation spotting. FX'd!

Blue_Jar_Mama July 20th, 2014 07:41 PM

Lurking....

Have you had your thyroid checked? When I stop taking my meds and my thyroid is going crazy my cycles are the first thing that go out of whack. It takes months of being back on the meds again before I return to 28 days which is what I was for years. I am also 28 years old. I was 25 day cycles for about 7 months before I got pregnant with this baby and I was on a 12 day luteal phase, 25 day cycle the month that I did conceive this baby. So do not think those numbers alone will mean you can't get pregnant. :) But if you are not pregnant, you may want to have your cycles checked out. Bleeding sooner than every 21 days may need to be checked out. Good luck!!

Danielle.W July 20th, 2014 11:54 PM

mine ranges from 8-12 days :( No reason why just how my body works. It's so lame so I understand! Vitex can help, and I've taken Maca to help as well

babygirl21586 July 21st, 2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Jar_Mama (Post 28147750)
Lurking....

Have you had your thyroid checked? When I stop taking my meds and my thyroid is going crazy my cycles are the first thing that go out of whack. It takes months of being back on the meds again before I return to 28 days which is what I was for years. I am also 28 years old. I was 25 day cycles for about 7 months before I got pregnant with this baby and I was on a 12 day luteal phase, 25 day cycle the month that I did conceive this baby. So do not think those numbers alone will mean you can't get pregnant. :) But if you are not pregnant, you may want to have your cycles checked out. Bleeding sooner than every 21 days may need to be checked out. Good luck!!

Yep, a few times. Thyroid is fine. :/ Not quite sure what is happening.