JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   Trying to Conceive (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/)
-   -   Strangest baby name (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f29-trying-to-conceive/29757-strangest-baby-name.html)

twoboysonegirlforme May 4th, 2005 05:26 PM

Ok, I know everyone has different taste in baby names. Thank goodness, or everyone would have the same name. :P But I took care of a baby at work today and I just HAD to share her name. Are you ready.....

IM'UNIQUE

(Exact copy of spelling and punctuation)

She will definately have a 'unique' name :huh:
Just thought I would share.
Kathy

aprildc May 4th, 2005 05:37 PM

that is a one of a kind but i guess if you say it fast rather than like two separate words, it's ok

TylerJ1029 May 4th, 2005 05:41 PM

Just lurking cause I'm bored and just had to add: :huh: :o :blink:

UR'STRANGE!!!

Edited because I cant spell.

mommy2bstl May 4th, 2005 07:42 PM

That is truly horrific!

UM'bad

:P :P :P

RandomRobot May 5th, 2005 02:21 AM

Poor Kid! LOL.

My Cousin had a little girl last month and called her INFINITY - now thats a stupid name - but then he is a sandwich short of a picnic himself!

andromeda1981 May 5th, 2005 04:33 AM

Now if it was spelled a little differently with an added vowel and a missing consenant, I might like it. I'm really started to like the names Xandria and Zophia... I think I'm weird lol.

carolinagirl May 5th, 2005 06:59 AM

:lol: just have to put my two cents worth in, my brother and I used to joke all the time with one another growing up and he always said my boyfriends name was Leroy.. so.. :devil: I told him his girlfriends name was OPHELIA BALLS :lol:

just thought I'd share *giggles*

monkhester May 5th, 2005 07:22 AM

I won't saddle a child with a name like that. I picture my child in a high-powered career, and later as a 60-year old. If the name is not regal and befitting a woman at those times in life, then I don't consider the name. Hence, my choice for Greyson Anne or Jamieson Jo.

It is easy and cute to name a baby, but that name is going to be prejudged before your child will be met throughout her/his life ie. on resumes, schools, applications. IM'UNIQUE may be cute now, but what about later? Anyone remembers PEEKABOO STREET, the gymnast? Her parents let her and her siblings choose their own name when they were able to talk, hence the charming name PEEKABOO. ;) In my mind this is irresponsible. Naming is the second gift that you are able to give your child. It should be given with care.

Alishaanne May 5th, 2005 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TylerJ1029@May 4 2005, 06:41 PM
Just lurking cause I'm bored and just had to add:* :huh:* :o* :blink:

UR'STRANGE!!!

Edited because I cant spell.
<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Too Funny! Your quick on your feet! My aunts name is Rosetta Viola, some how she ended up with the nickname Ginger. My neighbor just had her third baby. They have three beautiful litlle girls, Lily, Lotus and Lula is the latest. Lula Yaamiee (pronounced Ya Amy). Very different name.
Any how thanks for sharing that great story!
Alisha

darlajortega May 5th, 2005 09:07 AM

my sister wanted to name her son Malachi until i told her that was the evil kid from Children Of The Corn! She decided on dominic instead :lol:

sylph21 May 5th, 2005 09:48 AM

A girl I went to school with, her name was ######head. Pronounce Shi-tay. You should have heard the teachers on the first day of school when it got to her name on the list. What was her mother thinking?

SuperMom May 5th, 2005 09:59 AM

Waht the heck? I have a friend that name her daughter "Claritan" like the allergy meds...again...what the heck???

-Colleen :P

carolinagirl May 5th, 2005 10:01 AM

Shi-tay ***?!?! after reading some of your posts a few names came to mind that I've totally forgotten about so here goes...

Louveina pronounced Lou-Veen-Ah (southerners LOL we called her Lou for short)

Sinae pronounced Si-Nae

Navin (this guy just called the office so I had to throw that one in)

:lol: and OMG how could I have forgotten about this one hotel billboard I read once announcing the Bride and Groom... Rayon & Cynthia Cotton (would have been really funny if the Brides name was Poly -- Polyester LOL)

FerrariAngel May 5th, 2005 10:12 AM

I used to work at this tutoring center and realized I was assigned to tutor this one girl named:

Tajmah Hall

Poor child wasn't even Indian!

happydasie May 5th, 2005 10:24 AM

i have a friend that works in probation & one of her clients names was "######hed"
But it was pronounced sha thed..It sounds like ###### head to the average person. how mean is that.

queenofthecastle May 5th, 2005 11:04 AM

My DH used to work with a lady and her name was Jama (prunounced Jae Ma) Hole.

We have a guy that lives down the street from us and his name is Phil Butts!!

Gotta love peoples choice for names!!!

Angie

Molly May 5th, 2005 01:15 PM

I'm visiting from the Nov. DDC - I couldn't resist this thread! My MIL's boss is named Richard Head. And they do indeed use the very common nickname for Richard!!

carolinagirl May 5th, 2005 01:25 PM

:lol: @ D*CK HEAD

I came across a candidates name in our database just now....

LATRENE as in TOILET <_< what the H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS were her parents thinking?????

Molly May 5th, 2005 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by carolinagirl@May 5 2005, 02:25 PM
:lol: @ D*CK HEAD

<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

Yup - can you believe it? I'm amazed at what people will name their children. I've heard the s***head ones, too. I'm a teacher and would just die if I saw that on my list!!

carolinagirl May 5th, 2005 01:34 PM

lawd hammercy! I could only imagine. Most of the names today are sooooo made up that it makes me wonder what they were smoking when they thought it up. My ex-husband wanted to have a girl just soooooooo we could name her...

MARY-JO HANNAH loosely translated into MARIJUANA <_<

I was soooo relieved when we had a boy.. I named him Christian (the name he didn't want me to pick) :P